De Hef16 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 3071 Rotterdam, Netherlands Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Bridge, Walking Area, Monument, Family And Kids, Harbour
The De Hef is a railway lift-bridge which runs over the Royal Harbour and was built in the late 19th century. The bridge was designed in 1927 (first of its kind in Europe) and was a main location for a movie made in 1928.
Today, the bridge is no longer funtional but is a monument which keeps the history alive in Rotterdam’s fast-paced urban sphere.
Take a walk around the harbor to see the bridge and don’t forget to take some fabulous pictures of the view during a visit here.
How to Reach De Hef
- Metro: Wilhelminaplein, Rotterdam
- Bus: Rotterdam, Koninginnebrug/ Rotterdam, Vrij Entrepot
- By Tram: Rotterdam, Lodewijk Pincofssweg (1.4 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Car/ Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
- De Hef Address: 3071 Rotterdam, Netherlands
- De Hef Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit De Hef(preferred time): 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit De Hef: 00:20 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.9% of people who visit Rotterdam include De Hef in their plan
50% of people start their De Hef visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see De Hef
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting De Hef
People normally club together Kralingse Plas and Erasmusbrug while planning their visit to De Hef.