Other than popular sightseeing attractions, Rotterdam takes pride in its festivals that reflect its vibrant culture.
- Summer Carnival: Held in July-August, the festival is a complete show with colorful parades, beauty pageant, street music and a festival market.
- North Sea Jazz Festival: Held in July annually, the Jazz festival has played host to some big musician including Kanye West and D’Angelo and is the most sought out festival by music lovers.
- Rotterdam Marathon: Held in April, the Marathon is when multi-national professional runners as well as non professional runners take part in the annual festival. The marathon route is lined with locals cheering the runners.
- Kingsday: Held in April, the festival celebrates the Monarchy with local fairs, free markets and people dressed in all things orange!
- Bevrijdings festival: Held in May, the day marks the independence of Netherland after the World War II and the Euromast Park is the main place to be, with free entry and live music. The celebration at Rotterdam is perhaps the most lively in Holland.
- Rotterdam Museum Night: Held in March, this is when all the museums in the city are open from 8.00 pm to 2.00 am. A small combined fee gives you access to all the museums.
- Bavaria City Racing: Held in August, the racing event is perfect for all Formula 1 lovers.
- World Harbour Days: September sees the harbor shine like no other with stunning fireworks that embellish the city’s night sky.