The Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen has a fine collection of art pieces dating from the Middle ages to 21st century and consists of sculptures, paintings and everyday objects. The museum has exquisite collection for artists like Bosch, Rembrandt, Dali, Van Gogh and bathes in its Dutch art history like no other place in the country.
- Prints and drawings collection
- Van Beuningen collection
The place has a varied collection of Impressionism, Modernism and Surrealist paintings under one roof!
- Other contact no: +31 104419475
Regular entrance fees (Until 24 January 2016):
- Full Rate: Euros 15.00
- Group rates, minimum 15 persons (booking in advance): Euros 12.50
- Students: Euros 7.50
- Museum Park Ticket Euros 27. 50
- Free: For regular entrance for persons up to 18 years of age, Friends of the Museum, ICOM Card, CIMAM Card and Museum Card holders and guides of handicapped people.
Costs for guided tours in the museum: Euros 95.00 (per group of maximum 20 participants, excluding entrance fee)
- The Espresso Bar is open from Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm.
- The Library is open Tuesdays to Fridays from 11.00 am to 4.30 pm.
- Museum Shop is Open: Tuesday till Sunday from 11.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- The Pavilion Restaurant: Tuesday to Sunday 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- The museum closes at 4.00 pm on Saint Nicholas' night December 5th.
For any other timings, visit the official website.
- Metro: Eendrachtsplein, Rotterdam
- Bus: Rotterdam, Sophia Kinderziekenhuis
- By Tram: Rotterdam, Museumpark
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Car/ Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rotterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.77% of people who visit Rotterdam include Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
63.93% of people start their Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
91.15% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
Interesting museum, presented and organized different from any other I've visited. The small rooms around the outside of the building necessarily break the exhibits into small groups focused on short windows of time and stylistic eras. I'm not sure I always grasped the intent, but the presenters of their audio guide made every effort to share the curators' insight along the way.
Fantastic museum, that does not just host art, but has a heavy focus on design through the ages. The building is also beautiful in a quite subtle way. And unlike the museums in Amsterdam, it's quiet enough that you can leisurely stroll through without feeling like you have to compete with others to look at things. This is a must for anyone living in or visiting Rotterdam.
We were hurrying and didn’t have enough time (will return 😊) Very interesting to visit, but very crowded. Some masterpieces make you breathless And modern art is impressive & interesting! But most of all I was impressed by corridor of rooms with artworks - it’s really shake your brain)))) Nice & interesting place to visit!
Quite a good museum if you are looking for more modern pieces and products. They have quite a wide collection of chairs and products from 1920 to recently. The way it is all displayed could be better though, and the building needs renovation. Let's hope the building that's currently under construction will make a difference.
My favourite museum in the Netherlands. Diverse collection 20th century modernists. Modern exhibitions and the famous painting 'tower of babel', highlight of old paintings. Must see. Unfortunately will be closed for 7 years for make-over. Lean years ahead!