The Sonneveld House Museum showcases Dutch Functionality in its architecture, design and interiors and is one of its best examples if you love architecture and even art!
The villa was designed by the architecture firm ‘Brinkman and Van der Vlugt’ for Albertus Sonneveld in the 1930’s and combines furnishing, colors, natural light and spaces to form this timeless house. Take a walk around the house to take a peek into the artistic architecture of the 1930’s or simply to feel inspired by its sheer colorful sights!
Sonneveld House Travel Tips
- Call up the place for prior appointment for Group Visits.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sonneveld House
- Adults: € 10.00
- Children and under 18s: free
- Friends of Het Nieuwe Instituut: free
- Senior citizens / European Youth Card (CJP) / students: € 6.50
- Groups of 15 or more persons: € 6.50
- Rotterdam Welcome Card: € 6.50
- Museumkaart, ICOM card and Rotterdampas: free
- The ticket of Het Nieuwe Instituut also provides access to the Sonneveld House, and vice versa.
- Group visits are limited to 15 visitors a group and at least one mentor per 15 students. Students (to 18 years) and mentors have free admission to the house.
- A free audio tour is available for all visitors to Sonneveld Museum House.
How to Reach Sonneveld House
- By Metro: Eendrachtsplein, Rotterdam
- By Bus: Rotterdam, Eendrachtsplein
- By Tram: Rotterdam, Eendrachtsplein
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Car/ Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.2% of people who visit Rotterdam include Sonneveld House in their plan
50% of people start their Sonneveld House visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sonneveld House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sonneveld House