Rottnest Island MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Henderson Avenue, Cockburn, Rottnest Island, Western Australia, Australia
- Timings: 11:00 am - 03:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-0893729777
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
Rottnest Island Museum - Review
However delightful the island is now, it has quite a dark history. Learn all about it in this tiny little museum. The building, built by aboriginal prisoners, used to be a hayshed and a granary, but now it comprehensively cover’s the island’s past of shipwrecks, natural history, European settlements, their conflict with and imprisonment of the Aboriginals. A lot of the story is told via a stunning array of photographs.
Rottnest Island Museum Information
- You’ll find the museum behind the Thomson Bay Settlement Shopping Mall.
Rottnest Island Museum Ticket Prices
- You need to donate a gold coin to enter. In Australia, these are in fact bronze coins valued at AUD 1-2.
How To reach Rottnest Island Museum by Public Transport
- You’ll have to drive, walk or cycle to here. The Hop-on-hop-off bus shoud stop near the visitor centre on Henderson Avenue.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rottnest Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rottnest Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Rottnest Island Museum
77.14% of people who visit Rottnest Island include Rottnest Island Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
55.56% of people start their Rottnest Island Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Rottnest Island Museum
70.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rottnest Island Museum