Salmon BayCurrently Open
- Address: Salmon Bay Rottnest Island, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Waterfront, Family And Kids, Water Sport
Salmon Bay - Review
On the south side of the island, Rottnest’s most beautiful beach is also its most wild. Windswept waves make for great surfing conditions; that’s why you’ll see more activity and excitement here than any other beach on the island. There are some sheltered areas in the water that are not so dangerous to swim in, but it’s better if you head over the to calmer waters at the eastern side of the bay. The far eastern side is also the best beach for snorkelling. The reefs and the colourful fish it is home to are very pretty. Not far away from the beach is the Wadjemup Lighthouse. You can just walk over to it if you feel like combining to attractions in one outing.
There’s another good snorkelling area at Salmon Point. Close by here, there’s an osprey nest.
Salmon Bay Information
- If the weather is rough, do NOT attempt to swim at the western side of the bay. It’s dangerous.
How To reach Salmon Bay by Public Transport
- You’ll have to drive, walk or cycle to here. The hop-on-hop off bus stops by here on the eastern end of the bay.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rottnest Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rottnest Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Salmon Bay
95% of people who visit Rottnest Island include Salmon Bay in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
49.09% of people start their Salmon Bay visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Salmon Bay
94.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Salmon Bay
Salmon Bay Map
Salmon Bay Trips
Salmon Bay, Rottnest Island Reviews
All QuestionsSalmon bay
- Club De Golf Don Cayo
- Oversailing, Escuela De Vela
- Ciudad Deportiva De Altea
- Plaza Del Ayuntamiento De Altea
- Cap Negret
- Olympia Metropolitana
- Polideportivo De Altea
- Bodega Alvado
- Lujuria Lounge
- Planet Vintage
- La Mascarada
- Mirador Cronistas De Espana
- Biblioteca Pública Municipal De Altea Biblioteca Pública Municipal De Altea Joan Fuster
- Palacios De Los Deportes
- Sigrid Knab