Are you looking for what to do in Rottnest Island?
PLACES TO SEE
- Rottnest Island Visitor Centre: The best information resource in town, and a must visit if you want to make your stay as smooth as possible.
- Rottnest Island Museum: A densely-packed museum with a comprehensive if surprising record of the island’s history.
- The Basin: Sometimes called the world’s most beautiful beach, it’s a natural swimming pool formed by reefs. The waters are emerald in color.
- Oliver Hill Battery: A defence-gun that was leftover from WWII. It used to protect the mainland from Warships. There is a guided tour if you wish to learn more about it’s history.
- Wadjemup Lighthouse: The highest part of the island, and Australia's first rotating beam lighthouse. The 360 degree panoramic views make it worth climbing the 155 steps to the top.
Below we have a list of things to do in Rottnest Island and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Rottnest Island getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Rottnest Island with confidence.