Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen, Rouen
About Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen, Rouen
Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen, Rouen - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place de la Cathédrale, 76000 Rouen, France
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5.2K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Soaring into Rouen’s skyline is the massive iron spire that rises from this cathedral; this is not a building you should have much trouble finding. The spire briefly made this cathedral that tallest building in the world was not the only feature to capture Claude Monet’s imagination as he painted the flamboyantly Gothic building over and over again. The first church on this site, from 396 AD, was destroyed and replaced by Normans; the remains of the 1096 Norman church can be seen in the crypt. The current building was completed around 1250, but the façade and other additions were made over the passing centuries. The Tour Lanterne was added in 1876.
- The 12 century Porte St. Jean to the left.
- The Gothic stonework.
- The Porte Central with Jesus’s family tree.
- The Porte St Etienne depicting St. Stephen.
- The soaring 13th century choir.
- The stained glass from multiple ages.
- The Joseph window.
- The bookseller’s stairway.
- The Chapel of the Lady containing French Royalty tombs.
- The heart of Richard the Lion Hearted.
Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen Information
- Entry is free.
Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen Ticket Prices
- EUR 2 to visit the Crypt and Baptisery Chapel.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen, Rouen Reviews - Write a Review
Magnificent! We were fortunate enough to hear the organ playing while we visited and it was brilliant. I was really surprised to find out that it was free to look around inside. A beautiful Cathedral well worth the visit.
This a beautiful cathedral with a great of history. Well worth spending time here.
Another wonderful Cathedral. The history here is incredible as well.
In the daytime I could stare for hours at the intricate stonework. At night in the summer it becomes an amazing light show.
The light show is brilliant ! Don't miss it in the summer evenings! It's free and the beginning is at 22:30.
- Nearby Attractions
- Eglise Sainte Claire
- Egami Creation
- Armada Rouen
- Les Restaurants Du Coeur
- Territoires Sites Et Cites
- Cinema Pathe Rouen
- Le Bucher De Jeanne D'arc
- Cinemas Gaumont
- Skatepark Of Rouen
- Rouen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rouen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rouen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rouen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rouen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rouen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rouen