Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen772 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Place de la Cathédrale, 76000 Rouen, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-235717160
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Soaring into Rouen’s skyline is the massive iron spire that rises from this cathedral; this is not a building you should have much trouble finding. The spire briefly made this cathedral that tallest building in the world was not the only feature to capture Claude Monet’s imagination as he painted the flamboyantly Gothic building over and over again. The first church on this site, from 396 AD, was destroyed and replaced by Normans; the remains of the 1096 Norman church can be seen in the crypt. The current building was completed around 1250, but the façade and other additions were made over the passing centuries. The Tour Lanterne was added in 1876.
- The 12 century Porte St. Jean to the left.
- The Gothic stonework.
- The Porte Central with Jesus’s family tree.
- The Porte St Etienne depicting St. Stephen.
- The soaring 13th century choir.
- The stained glass from multiple ages.
- The Joseph window.
- The bookseller’s stairway.
- The Chapel of the Lady containing French Royalty tombs.
- The heart of Richard the Lion Hearted.
Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen Travel Tips
- Entry is free.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen
- EUR 2 to visit the Crypt and Baptisery Chapel.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Rouen include Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.67% of people start their Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen
50.41% of people prefer walking in order to reach Cathedrale Notre-dame De Rouen