Gros HorlogeCurrently Open
- Address: 120 Rue du Gros Horloge, 76000 Rouen, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-232080190
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Watch Tower, Walking Area, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture
A really big and intricate old astronomical clock from the 14th century set into a Renaissance arch – that’s what you’re getting. It’s also the largest of it’s kind still around. We won’t give away the features here; it’s enough to say this is one of the quirkiest clocks you’ll ever come across. A short and sweet tour will tell you every thing you need to know, let you take all the pictures you could want, see the mechanism in action, and if you’re bringing kids they can experience all of this Alice in Wonderland style. The building is one of the only two institutes in the country to be dedicated to clock-making. Climb to the top to look down on Rouen.
Gros Horloge Travel Tips
- Ask for visual aid at the reception if you have sight issues.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gros Horloge
- Free with Rouen Pass.
- EUR 3 for 6-18 year olds, students and unemployed.
- Free for under 6 and the disabled/carer.
How to Reach Gros Horloge
- Bus: 8 Stop at Courthouse.
- Station Cy'clic Old Market Square, Square Verdrel / Fine Arts.
- Metro: Stop at Courthouse.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.04% of people who visit Rouen include Gros Horloge in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.97% of people start their Gros Horloge visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Gros Horloge
79.88% of people prefer walking in order to reach Gros Horloge