Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen, Rouen
About Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen, Rouen
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen, Rouen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Espl. Marcel Duchamp, 76000 Rouen, France
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Statue, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Aside from a good collection of fine art from the Renaissance to the present, the museum is noted for having a precious collection of rare Russian icons from the 15th - 19th centuries. Another popular exhibit is the Masterpieces of Florence Museums. Practically every European school of art is represented in the paintings here. There’s also a famous statue of Hercules slaying the hydra. The museum receives its 300,000 annual visitors
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen Information
- The disabled can access the museum from 26 bis Rue Jean-Lecanuet.
- Rouen Museum Card available here.
- The cafe inside is good, especially the coffee.
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen Ticket Prices
- Free for under 26 and unemployed and EUR 3 for seniors.
- Free admission to permanent collections on first Sunday of the month.
How To reach Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen by Public Transport
- By Bus: alight at Square Verdrel - Rue Jeanne-d'Arc (lines 4, 8, 11, 13) or Beaux-Arts - Rue Lecanuet (lines 4, 5, 11, 13, 20).
- By Metrobus: SNCF main railway station or Palais de Justice.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen, Rouen Reviews - Write a Review
Not sure if it is usually free entry but we went thereon a Monday morning and got free tickets. The museum itself contains an interesting collection of art from some notorious artists to those not so well known. We spent a good couple of hours wondering through the galleries culminating at a stirring picture by Caravaggio which was our favourite. Well worth a visit.
Wonderful gallery with quite an extensive range From Impressionists to Duchamp to less challenging but still beautiful religious and portrait and landscape work Great central courtyard area Recommend starting to the left as you enter
Lovely cafe place just at the entrance to the museum with 2 spectacular paintings. The museum is free, there is a place to leave your bags (cabin size or less)+amazing impressionists collection.
Gorgeous museum with a huge selection of art. Lovely gardens out the front as well. There was an awesome impressionist exposition here when we were here as well.
Would have been five if the toilets had been serviced regularly. Other than that a good gallery and good service and staff.
- Nearby Attractions
- Maison Natale De Pierre Corneille
- Gare Rouen
- Aitre St-maclou
- La Ferme Jeanne D'arc
- Monastery Of Saint-ouen
- Church Of Saint-maclou
- Hotel Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale
- Le 106
- Rouen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rouen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rouen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rouen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rouen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rouen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rouen