Aside from a good collection of fine art from the Renaissance to the present, the museum is noted for having a precious collection of rare Russian icons from the 15th - 19th centuries. Another popular exhibit is the Masterpieces of Florence Museums. Practically every European school of art is represented in the paintings here. There’s also a famous statue of Hercules slaying the hydra. The museum receives its 300,000 annual visitors
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen Travel Tips
- The disabled can access the museum from 26 bis Rue Jean-Lecanuet.
- Rouen Museum Card available here.
- The cafe inside is good, especially the coffee.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen
- Free for under 26 and unemployed and EUR 3 for seniors.
- Free admission to permanent collections on first Sunday of the month.
How to Reach Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen
- By Bus: alight at Square Verdrel - Rue Jeanne-d'Arc (lines 4, 8, 11, 13) or Beaux-Arts - Rue Lecanuet (lines 4, 5, 11, 13, 20).
- By Metrobus: SNCF main railway station or Palais de Justice.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.71% of people who visit Rouen include Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
33.54% of people start their Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen
62.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen