Palais De JusticeCurrently Closed
- Address: Courthouse, 36 rue Jews, 76000 Rouen, France
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
This beautiful 16th century building, built under the rule of Lois XII was once the Royal Palace. A little later, it became the Parliament of Normandy. They say it is one of the most important civil architectural achievements of the Late Middle Ages. The main building body has two wings at right angles the stretch south. Its Gothic influences really are stunningly beautiful.
The highlights are:
- Large skylights
- Pinnacled balustrades
- An incredibly ornamented façade
- Elegant octagonal turret
- The sculptures that surround the windows
- A beautifully decorated ceiling
- The tombs of the first president Claude Groulard and his wife
Unfortunately, as the building now serves as the local courthouse, the public isn’t allowed to go inside, so you’ll just have to admire it from outside. Unless of course, you can sweet talk a gendarme to let you in briefly. Don’t bet on it.
- You’re generally not allowed inside.
- Bus: 8 stop at Courthouse
- Cy'clic Station Old Market Square, Square Verdrel / Fine Arts
- Metro: Palais de Justice Shutdown
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.53% of people who visit Rouen include Palais De Justice in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
65.87% of people start their Palais De Justice visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Palais De Justice
72.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palais De Justice
Mooi gebouw dat je aan de buitenkant kan bewonderen. Het wordt momenteel gerestaureerd.
Magnifique palais avec des salles d'audience superbes
Der Justizpalast wurde ab 1509 von R. Leroux gebaut. Er ist nicht nur das größte profane Gebäude Europas, sondern auch eine architektonische Augenweide.
Une justice Gothique dans toute sa flamboyance
Magnifique lieu à Rouen incontournable si vous visitez cette ville