Palais De Justice415 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 76000 Rouen, France Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
This beautiful 16th century building, built under the rule of Lois XII was once the Royal Palace. A little later, it became the Parliament of Normandy. They say it is one of the most important civil architectural achievements of the Late Middle Ages. The main building body has two wings at right angles the stretch south. Its Gothic influences really are stunningly beautiful.
The highlights are:
- Large skylights
- Pinnacled balustrades
- An incredibly ornamented façade
- Elegant octagonal turret
- The sculptures that surround the windows
- A beautifully decorated ceiling
- The tombs of the first president Claude Groulard and his wife
Unfortunately, as the building now serves as the local courthouse, the public isn’t allowed to go inside, so you’ll just have to admire it from outside. Unless of course, you can sweet talk a gendarme to let you in briefly. Don’t bet on it.
Palais De Justice Travel Tips
- You’re generally not allowed inside.
How to Reach Palais De Justice
- Bus: 8 stop at Courthouse
- Cy'clic Station Old Market Square, Square Verdrel / Fine Arts
- Metro: Palais de Justice Shutdown
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Palais De Justice Address: 76000 Rouen, France
- Palais De Justice Timing: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Palais De Justice(preferred time): 11:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Palais De Justice: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
53.76% of people who visit Rouen include Palais De Justice in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
65.87% of people start their Palais De Justice visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Palais De Justice
72.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palais De Justice
People normally club together Musee Des Beaux-arts De Rouen and Hotel De Bourgtheroulde while planning their visit to Palais De Justice.