St Ouen's Abbey570 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Place du Général de Gaulle, 76000 Rouen, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-232083240
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Though founded in the 7th century, this is classic Late Gothic architecture at its finest. Larger than Rouen Cathedral yet less ornately decorated, it’s architectural sensibilities are much more starkly felt. Set into a picturesque neighbourhood, it’s form is pure, befitting the building that once a Benedictine powerhouse.
- 80 magnificent stained glass windows that beautifully filter daylight.
- The octagonal lantern tower.
- A grand 19th century pipe organ – one of the most recorded instruments in the world.
- 14th century choir.
- 15th century nave.
St Ouen's Abbey Travel Tips
- See if you can catch the organ practice.
- There’s a light show held in the evening, though timings vary. Ask, and come back for it.
- The abbey hosts art exhibits from time to time.
- Makes for brilliant photography.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rouen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rouen and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.9% of people who visit Rouen include St Ouen's Abbey in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
58.76% of people start their St Ouen's Abbey visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St Ouen's Abbey
59.28% of people prefer walking in order to reach St Ouen's Abbey