About Arktikum, Rovaniemi
Arktikum, Rovaniemi - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Pohjoisranta 4, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Ticket Price: 12 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4.3K times in trip plans
Museum, Science Museum, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the top attractions in Finland, Arktikum is a museum and a science centre in Rovaniemi with exhibitions on the region, prehistory and history as well as the culture. It was made open to public on 6th December 1992 – marking 75th anniversary celebrations of Finland’s independence.
Its architecture is worth noticing with glass corridor being the centre of attraction and appreciation! Exhibition area is made below the ground level taking a cue from the nature when animals take shelter below grounds to protect themselves from the rough weather conditions. Local materials have been sourced in building the museum.
Museum is divided into two parts – Arctic centre and Regional Museum of Lapland. Arctic Centre is an international body conducting continuous research on the region. Centre educates the general public about Arctic region, people, culture and history through Science Centre Exhibition at the Museum.
Regional Museum of Lapland has exhibitions on region, prehistory and history as well as the culture. It also takes an active interest in building information bank on the region which is further used by schools, travel companies and others. Museum is also proactive in providing its assistance and competence wherever required.
Arktikum Ticket Prices
- Children (under 7 years) – FREE
- Children (7-15 years) - 5,00 €
- Senior Citizens, Students, Military personnel, Unemployed - 8,00 €
- Family Ticket (2 Adults, 2 Children [7-15 years], Children under 7 years and is inclusive of an Explorer Starter Kit) - 28,00 €
- Temporary Exhibition - 5,00 €
- Season Ticket (Valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and is inclusive of price for 2 Adults & a discount of 10% at Museum & Restaurant) - 28, 00 €
- Group Ticket (15+ people) - 9.50€ /person
How To reach Arktikum by Public Transport
- Rovakatu E and Rovakatu P are the nearest Bus stops
Restaurants Near Arktikum
- Metti Oy
- Rosso Rovaniemi
- Rang Mahal Indian Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rovaniemi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rovaniemi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Arktikum, Rovaniemi Reviews - Write a Review
Nice and informative about their culture. There is also a nice café where serving lunch buffet in a relatively cheap price.
Amazing. The building is incredible, exhibits are very high quality and very informative!
The building itself is really nice. The exhibitions are ok and the special one about animal love making is really sweet.
Interesting moseum showing the Finnish and Scandinavian history through the time Nice café at the entrance
Great experience, I suggest you to visit this museum. It tells about arctic history and characteristics... wonderful.
- Nearby Attractions
- Lappi Arena
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Polar Explorer Icebreaker Cruise
- Santa's House Of Snowmobiles
- Santa Claus Office
- Marttiinin Vanha Tehdas
- Jatkankynttila (lumberjack's Candle Bridge)
- Rovaniemi Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rovaniemi
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rovaniemi
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rovaniemi
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rovaniemi
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rovaniemi
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rovaniemi