One of the top attractions in Finland, Arktikum is a museum and a science centre in Rovaniemi with exhibitions on the region, prehistory and history as well as the culture. It was made open to public on 6th December 1992 – marking 75th anniversary celebrations of Finland’s independence.
Its architecture is worth noticing with glass corridor being the centre of attraction and appreciation! Exhibition area is made below the ground level taking a cue from the nature when animals take shelter below grounds to protect themselves from the rough weather conditions. Local materials have been sourced in building the museum.
Museum is divided into two parts – Arctic centre and Regional Museum of Lapland. Arctic Centre is an international body conducting continuous research on the region. Centre educates the general public about Arctic region, people, culture and history through Science Centre Exhibition at the Museum.
Regional Museum of Lapland has exhibitions on region, prehistory and history as well as the culture. It also takes an active interest in building information bank on the region which is further used by schools, travel companies and others. Museum is also proactive in providing its assistance and competence wherever required.
Entrance Ticket Details For Arktikum
- Children (under 7 years) – FREE
- Children (7-15 years) - 5,00 €
- Senior Citizens, Students, Military personnel, Unemployed - 8,00 €
- Family Ticket (2 Adults, 2 Children [7-15 years], Children under 7 years and is inclusive of an Explorer Starter Kit) - 28,00 €
- Temporary Exhibition - 5,00 €
- Season Ticket (Valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and is inclusive of price for 2 Adults & a discount of 10% at Museum & Restaurant) - 28, 00 €
- Group Ticket (15+ people) - 9.50€ /person
How to Reach Arktikum
- Rovakatu E and Rovakatu P are the nearest Bus stops
- Metti Oy
- Rosso Rovaniemi
- Rang Mahal Indian Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rovaniemi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rovaniemi and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.63% of people who visit Rovaniemi include Arktikum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
84.62% of people start their Arktikum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Arktikum
60.98% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arktikum