What might feel like unusual or even strange to tourists is actually quite a common thing in Finland! If you are healthy – doctor certified – then there is nothing to worry about – just take that plunge and get ready for one of its kind of experience of your life!
Do follow the instructions to the T though and always under a supervision, otherwise what looks like fun might be dangerous.
Ice Swimming Travel Tips
- A must do while in Finland – do make it a point to not miss out on this once in a lifetime experience.
- Make reservations well in advance to avoid any disappointment.
- October through March is an ideal time to make the best of this thousands of years old Finnish tradition.
- Consult your physician to rule out any health conditions before you take that plunge into ice cold water.
- Do not attempt to stay longer in freezing water for very long… start slowly and gradually increase the time spent in water.
- Keep dry warm clothes handy – you do not want to freeze once outside water.
- Perform this sport under the supervision of a guide – it takes five minutes for hypothermia to set in if you are in water for too long.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ice Swimming
- The ticket price may vary among tour operators/ sauna parlors.
Ice Swimming Hours
- Recommended time to visit and other hours will be communicated by the tour operator and it may vary from operator to operator.
How to Reach Ice Swimming
- Some of the tour operators arrange for a pickup and a drop to the Hotel. If not, arrange for a cab to reach to the destination.
- Refreshments may be provided by the tour operator.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rovaniemi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rovaniemi and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.19% of people who visit Rovaniemi include Ice Swimming in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
64.29% of people start their Ice Swimming visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ice Swimming
69.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ice Swimming
People normally club together The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints-rovaniemi Branch and Santa Claus Village while planning their visit to Ice Swimming.