One of Nature’s most spectacular and magnificent occurrence is Northern Lights. Also known as Aurora Borealis. September to March is the best time to see Northern Lights. Some of the hotels even provide for Northern Lights alert system – a service that informs its guests about this magical occurrence.
In spite of the alert system, there is no fool proof of forecasting as to when and for how long one will be able to see Northern Lights. If you are lucky, you may get to see the show of dancing lights for hours together and in various colors as well!
Northern Lights Travel Tips
- There is no guarantee of visitors being able to see Northern Lights on any particular day and also no prediction can be made as to how long the show will last.
- Northern Lights can best be viewed from riverfront – located right behind Arktikum museum. Another important spot is at the top of Ounasvaara Ski Resort.
- Alternatively, visitors can opt for guided tours and/or private tours.
- If you choose to take a guided tour, the ticket price may vary among providers.
- Recommended time to visit is between 11:00pm to 4:00 am.
How to Reach Northern Lights
- Traveling to the Site is no problem if opting for a guided tour.
- Alternatively, Visitors can make use of rented vehicle if heading out on their own to view this magical occurrence.
- Carry eatables if heading out on your own.
- Refreshments will be provided on a guided tour.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rovaniemi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rovaniemi and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.94% of people who visit Rovaniemi include Northern Lights in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
27.16% of people start their Northern Lights visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Northern Lights
92.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Northern Lights