Are you looking for what to do in Rovaniemi?
PLACES TO SEE
- Santa Claus Village: One of the most visited attraction in Rovaniemi – Santa’s official Hometown! Located approximately 8 kilometres from the City, it is an amusement park that lets visitors meet Santa Claus! Yes meet Santa Claus! Wow right? It also has Santa Claus post office where visitors get to buy gifts and souvenirs for the loved ones back home and send postcards. Amusement park also has various other shops that deal in selling local items. And icing on the cake is the chance to walk past the Arctic Circle line – cuts right through Santa Claus Village – a popular spot among the visitors to have their pictures clicked!
- Arktikum: One of the top attractions in Rovaniemi, Finland, Arktikum is a museum and a science centre in Rovaniemi with exhibitions on the region, prehistory and history as well as the culture. Made open to public in 1992, its architecture is worth noticing with glass corridor being the centre of attraction and appreciation!
- Ranua Wildlife Park: Get acquainted with wildlife at this park, popularly known as Ranua Zoo! It was made open to public in 1983 and is open every day of the year. It also arranges safaris and various other activities for the families!
- Rovaniemi Church: An Evangelical Lutheran church rebuilt in 1950 after being destroyed during war. Designed by architect Bertel Liljeqvist, it is one of the biggest Church in Finland. Main highlight is the 14 metres high fresco painted using context from Bible. A must visit attraction while at Rovaniemi.
- Lordi’s Square: Popularly known as Lordin aukio in Finnish, it is one of the main shopping centres of the City. Apart from the shops and restaurants, the square plays host to various events. It is named after Rovaniemi’s famous hard rock and heavy metal band’s lead artist – Mr Lordi.
THINGS TO DO
- A smaller city doesn’t necessarily translate into a not so happening shopping scene! Rovaniemi has various shops and shopping centres selling local products – arts and crafts, jewellery, handicrafts and much more! Shopping areas worth exploring are - Sampokeskus shopping centre at Lordi Square, Rinteenkulma shopping centre near Scandic Hotel and Revontuli shopping centre, located right next to Rinteenkulma shopping centre.
- Bar & Lounge Sfaar: A newly opened bar in the City that is already making news and is a top favorite among the locals. Tasteful interiors, delicious cocktails, best DJs and the perfect ambience!
- Doris Night Club: An upscale bar that is home to some of the best parties in town!
- Night Club Life & Karaoke Bar: Dance and sing the night away in this karaoke bar!
Below we have a list of things to do in Rovaniemi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Rovaniemi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Rovaniemi with confidence.