Sa Pa Tourism
Visit Sa Pa - Best of Sa Pa
A wonderland for adventurous travelers and nature lovers – that’s how Sapa is usually defined. With mesmerizing scenic beauty, picturesque landscape and plenty of activities, Sapa is a treat for passionate travelers. In fact, Sa pa is considered as the only place to enjoy vacation in Vietnam. No doubt it’s the dazzling scenery that has earned the credit.However, the tourism industry in Sa pa started flourishing after 1993 when the Vietnamese government took the initiative of promoting this small town. Since then, Sa pa is economically developing itself in a far better way.People from all over the world come to this town to enjoy trekking through the terraced paddy rice fields and the mountain trails. However, taking guide is recommended as you might not know all the trekking trails. And the best part about this town is the climate. Its constant temperature throughout the year makes Sa pa an all year round destination. However, many people recommend not to visit this town in monsoon. But once if you do so, you are definitely going to fall in love with the misty weather. With clouds covering the peak of the mountains, Sa pa looks a perfect heaven for a peaceful vacation.Another factor that played a major role in improving Sa pa’s tourism industry is the tribal community, Hmong. This tribal group and other ethnic minor groups in Sa pa are friendly and welcome their visitors with a pleasant smile. Though the communication gap might come up because of the language. The translators in the Sapa information center are helpful enough to make your conversation with the tribal groups easy. This also helps travelers to know more about their handmade brocade textile.So, if you are visiting this beautiful town, make sure you get a souvenir for yourself.
Sa Pa Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Sa Pa tips for your visit
- Time zone: ICT (Indochina Time)
- Currency: Their official currency is Vietnamese dong.
Electricity and Internet
- Voltage: 220 volts/50Hz
- For internet: Free Wi-Fi is available in most of the hotels
- Language: Vietnamese. However, English is also spoken sometimes
- Police: 113
- Fire: 114
- Ambulance – First Aid: 115, General information service: 1080
- Be dressed respectfully.
- Seek permission whenever you take photography.
- The locals love getting small gifts like fruits or any other items from the local market. Hence, buy small gifts for the locals if you wish to interact with them.
- Learn basic local language to start conversation with the locals.
- Growing opium is a criminal offence is Sa Pa. Hence, you should not encourage anyone selling opium in Sa Pa.
- Wear durable hiking shoes and long pants while trekking.
- If you have plans to stay overnight in the village, carry right clothing, a sleeping bag, mosquito net and their own food.
- While hiking in remote regions, carrying a stick is recommended. This is because, in these regions there are threats of dogs and snakes.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Sa Pa and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Sa Pa- Know before you go to Sa Pa
Sa Pa Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Sa Pa
Sa Pa Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Sa Pa
Duration: 5 Hour
Take the worry out of your transportation needs between Hanoi and Sapa and travel by air-conditioned bus with on-board toilet...
Duration: 8 Hour
The Chapa Express Train provides daily overnight service between Hanoi and Lao Cai Railway Station, the gateway to Sapa, with...
20 Reviews Duration: 2 Day
The French used to consider Sapa to be the summer capital of Northern Vietnam in the early decades of the 20th century. Find ...
Duration: 2 Day
This 2-day package is an opportunity to visit Sapa even if you have limited time. Travel by bus from Hanoi and trek to variou...
- Cities Near Sa Pa
- Sa Pả Tourism
- Tp. Lào Cai Tourism
- Bản Hon Tourism
- Tp. Lai Châu Tourism
- Tp. Sơn La Tourism
- Tp. Điện Biên Phủ Tourism
- Tt. Bắc Hà Tourism
- Mường Hum Tourism
- Top cities from Vietnam
- Nha Trang Tourism
- Ha Long Bay Tourism
- Hanoi Tourism
- Ho Chi Minh City Tourism
- Da Nang Tourism
- Hoi An Tourism
- Tp. Tam Kỳ Tourism
- Tp. Bạc Liêu Tourism
- Duong Dong Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Fushë Kosovë Tourism
- Muvattupuzha Tourism
- Kushalgarh Tourism