The California State Capitol Museum comprises of the State Capitol and the grounds around in it. The State Capitol has been the home of the California Legislature since 1869 and has undergone a series of renovations to maintain its old and distinguished appearance. Also the 40-acre park surrounding the Capitol is full of trees and shrubs from all parts of the world. There are around 200 types of exquisite species of trees in the park alone. A Civil War Memorial Grave and California Vietnam Veterans Memorial is also located within the very park.
California State Capitol Museum Travel Tips
- On weekends enter through the L Street entrance.
- Cameras are allowed in Capitol but not in Gallery.
Entrance Ticket Details For California State Capitol Museum
- Entry is free.
- Free admission to films shown in Basement Theater.
California State Capitol Museum Hours
- Public tours conducted daily from 9 am – 4 pm at every hour on the hour.
- Basement Theater: 9 am – 5 pm daily.
How to Reach California State Capitol Museum
- By Bus: State Capitol Bus Drop-off Only is the nearest bus station.
- By Tram: Archives Plaza Station (WB) is the nearest Light Rail Station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sacramento before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sacramento and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.76% of people who visit Sacramento include California State Capitol Museum in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
48.15% of people start their California State Capitol Museum visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see California State Capitol Museum
92.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting California State Capitol Museum