The California State Railroad Museum aims to interpret and help the common people understand about the importance of the role played by the ‘iron horse’ in connecting the state of California to the rest of the nation. The museum basically has several restored railroad cars and locomotives that were once used in the past. The origin of the museum dates back to 1937 and was started by a bunch of railroad enthusiasts who very passionately wanted to highlight the importance of locomotives in Sacramento and the nation’s history.
California State Railroad Museum Travel Tips
- Photography is allowed, but tripods and free-standing flash are not.
Entrance Ticket Details For California State Railroad Museum
- Given prices are for adults.
- Adults: 10 USD
- Youth (6-17): 5 USD
- Children (5 & under): Free
How to Reach California State Railroad Museum
- By Bus: Bus 1 stops at J St. & 3rd St. bus station.
- By Tram: Sacramento Valley Station (WB) is the nearest Light Rail Station.
- By Train: Sacramento Station is just a short walk away.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sacramento before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sacramento and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.93% of people who visit Sacramento include California State Railroad Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75.76% of people start their California State Railroad Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see California State Railroad Museum
92.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting California State Railroad Museum