Sacramento History Museum98 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 101 I St, Sacramento, CA 95814, United States, 95814
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9168087059
- Fax: +1-9168085100
- Ticket Price: 6 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Opened in 1985, the Sacramento History Museum is probably the only museum in the United States that focuses on California, Sacramento and California Gold Rush history. The building is an exact reproduction of the 1854 City Hall and Waterworks building and is located at the same site. The museum aims to “educate and enrich the public by collecting, preserving, and making accessible the region’s vast cultural heritage.” Also there are a number of temporary exhibits, lectures and other events taking place throughout the year.
Sacramento History Museum Travel Tips
- Museum is accessible to people with disabilities.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sacramento History Museum
- Given prices are for Adults.
- Adults: 6 USD
- Youth (6-17): 4 USD
- Children (0-5): Free
Sacramento History Museum Hours
- The museum is open all 7 days of the week.
- Last admission is at 4:30 pm.
- Museum will close early on New Year’s Eve and some other select days. Contact museum for further info.
- Museum Day hours: 10 am–5 pm on February 2016. Last admission at 4 pm.
How to Reach Sacramento History Museum
- By Bus: Sacramento Station is the nearest bus station
- By Train: Sacramento Station is a short walk away
- By Tram: Sacramento Valley Station is the nearest light rail station
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sacramento before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sacramento and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.73% of people who visit Sacramento include Sacramento History Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
59.52% of people start their Sacramento History Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sacramento History Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sacramento History Museum
Sacramento History Museum Reviews & Ratings
Really a lot of information here in regards to the development of Sacramento and California. While here we also booked an underground tour. Kind of pricey at $18.00 a person. We only went under 2 buildings. It's a one time thing worth doing because if you don't, you'll always wonder about what it's about.
Very nicely done and the presentation represents all groups who contributed to the building of the city. Bless the person who thought to put back the trees!
Only had a brief time to explore but some cool agricultural and historical info. A small section of old Sac Bee printing equipment and lots of nice displays of local artifacts. It's a great to shop around in Old Town and see the museum as well. Took the Sacramento Underground tour, which is good to do at least once if the history interests you.
Great place, good exhibits. Not too big. Only need about an hour to get through it. The staff is friendly. They have a military discount.
Honestly not much to it. The underground tour was pretty disappointing. Just a couple of rooms. The history itself is interesting however