Sacramento Zoo169 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 3930 W Land Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95822, USA, 95822, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9168085888
- Fax: +1-9162645887
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
Opened in 1927, the Sacramento Zoo, located in William Land Park is a very popular tourist attraction in the city of Sacramento. The museum started off from some 40 animals and now currently has over 500 animals out of which almost 140 belong to rare and endangered species. Spread over 14 acres the museum is able to accommodate all the animals and serves as a perfect teaching tool for kids and adults alike in their education about the habitats and behaviors of animals and birds.
Sacramento Zoo Travel Tips
- No outside alcohol allowed.
- Combo tickets for Zoo and Fairytale town available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sacramento Zoo
Given prices are for General admission for Zoo.
- General Admission: 11.75 USD
- Senior Admission (65+): 11 USD
- Children (2-11): 7.75 USD
- Children (0-1): Free
February 6: Half Price Admission Day.
December 24: Free Admission
Zoo Train: 4 USD per person.
Conservation Carousel: 2.50 USD
Giraffe Encounters: 3 USD
Serengeti Cyclone: 2 USD
- Adults: 16.25 USD
- Seniors (65+): 15.75 USD
- Children (2-12): 12.25 USD
- Children (1 and under): Free
- Adults: 17.25 USD
- Seniors (65+): 16.75 USD
- Children (2-12): 13.25 USD
- Children (1 and under): Free
Sacramento Zoo Hours
- Closing time for May 14, August 20, October 1, 30 and 31 and December 24: 1:30 pm
- Closing time for June 16, 23 & 30 and July 7, 14, 21 & 28: 7:30 pm
- Zoo grounds open till 5 pm.
How to Reach Sacramento Zoo
- By Bus: Bus 6, 205 and 206 stops at Land Park Dr & 16th Ave (NB) bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sacramento before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sacramento and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.95% of people who visit Sacramento include Sacramento Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
52.86% of people start their Sacramento Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sacramento Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sacramento Zoo
Sacramento Zoo Reviews & Ratings
This is a moderate sized zoo. Clean, easy to navigate, friendly helpful staff. I visited on a Monday, so it was not crowded. From what I could see the animals were well cared for. A good zoo for younger children.
Wonderful visit. Not crowded. Great weather. So clean, and staff were totally fine with my random questions.Food was okay, priced high as expected. Food staff not engaged, but, it took awhile for us to receive our meal. Overall it was a good day.
A lot smaller than I remember as a child. My son loved it. He became unglued with unbridled joy. He's 2, go figure. I just wish I still got that excited about stuff.
The zoo is not too big but good for at least a visit. The staff was helpful & welcoming. The day I visited some of the animals like lion, chetah were not available. In front of the zoo there is a park for kids. The park has an entry ticket.
Great family zoo! Never too crowded, kids love it, small but always fun. Feeding the giraffes is always a hit. And free parking! Definitely worth an annual pass of you live nearby.