About Moncontour, Saint-brieuc
Britanny is full of utter charming little towns and this one is one of the best! Moncontour became famous in the 17th century for the production of linen, and as you walk around, you’ll see many of the merchant house buildings thrived on this trade. A curious thing you’ll not often see is all the signs that the houses have – they signify the building’s original purpose. The main highlights of the town are:
- The Town Hall
- The ornate Baroque church of Saint-Mathurin on top of the hill.
- The 13th and 14th century defensive walls
- The central marketplace
- The costumes museum
- The History Museum
The country around the town is excellent for walking, cycling and horse-riding. Ask the tourist office in Moncontour for more info!
- It’s highly recommended that you stay a few days and get to know the people.
How To Get To Moncontour by Public Transport
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saint-brieuc before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint-brieuc and book an accommodation of your choice.
Share your experience - Rate Moncontour, Saint-brieuc
- Other Attractions
- Old Town
- La Route Du Sel
- Parc St. Bernard
- Villa Noailles
- Tour Des Templiers
- Collegial Church Of Saint Paul
- Sainte-claire Park
- Magic World
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Old Town
- 5 Star Hotels Near La Route Du Sel
- Cheap Hotels Near Parc St. Bernard
- Cheap Hotels Near Villa Noailles
- Hotels Near Tour Des Templiers
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Collegial Church Of Saint Paul
- Hotels Near Sainte-claire Park
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Plongeeo
- Luxury Hotels Near Speedkart
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Magic World
- City Tripplans
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 3 Days
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 6 Days
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Saint-brieuc from Saint-brieuc
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 1 Day
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 4 Days
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Saint-brieuc from Saint-brieuc
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Saint-brieuc from Saint-brieuc