- Address: Moncontour, Brittany, France, Saint-brieuc
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Town
Britanny is full of utter charming little towns and this one is one of the best! Moncontour became famous in the 17th century for the production of linen, and as you walk around, you’ll see many of the merchant house buildings thrived on this trade. A curious thing you’ll not often see is all the signs that the houses have – they signify the building’s original purpose. The main highlights of the town are:
- The Town Hall
- The ornate Baroque church of Saint-Mathurin on top of the hill.
- The 13th and 14th century defensive walls
- The central marketplace
- The costumes museum
- The History Museum
The country around the town is excellent for walking, cycling and horse-riding. Ask the tourist office in Moncontour for more info!
- It’s highly recommended that you stay a few days and get to know the people.
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saint-brieuc before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint-brieuc and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Saint-brieuc include Moncontour in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
47.06% of people start their Moncontour visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Moncontour
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Moncontour