The museum is surprisingly old – the collection was founded in 1886. There are two pavilions: one for temporary exhibitions on a single floor, and the other for permanent collections displayed over three floors. The objects in the museum are common and everyday, but the story they tell of Brittany is very intriguing. The permanent collection has:
- Ground floor: landscape paintings by local artists; artefacts related to fishing and other marine industries.
- First Floor: The evolution of the textile industry.
- Second floor: Social and religious life, the rural environment and the rise of tourism.
- Check out the museum boutique.
- You’ll have to walk or drive.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saint-brieuc before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint-brieuc and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Saint-brieuc include Museum Of Art And History in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
73.91% of people start their Museum Of Art And History visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Museum Of Art And History
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Art And History