About Paimpol, Saint-brieuc
Between the 15th and 19th centuries, the cod fishing industry was very profitable for Paimpol. Fishermen would sail from here to Iceland for up to as long as 8 months at a time. Like most of Brittany today though, Paimpol now focuses on tourism. And it certainly has a lot to offer. 17th century buildings, half-timbered dwellings and cobblestoned streets! The best places to check these out are the Place du Martray, Rue des Huit Patriotes and Rue des Islandais. The highlights are:
- 15th century ‘Maison Jezequel’ on La Rue des Huit Patriotes.
- The Maison des Armateurs: A stone townhouse.
- The Tower
- The Paimpol History museum
- The Tuesday morning weekly market at the the Place des Halles.
- Beauport Abbey: A Grand Site of France.
The Steam Train that runs between Paimpol and Pontrieux between May and September is a lovely way to see the surrounding countryside. Ferries from the town run to Ile Brehat.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saint-brieuc before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint-brieuc and book an accommodation of your choice.
How To Get To Paimpol by Public Transport
- You can drive to here or take a bus.
Share your experience - Rate Paimpol, Saint-brieuc
- Other Attractions
- The Amphitheatre
- Garden Of The Fugitives
- Sanctuary Of The Madonna Of The Rosary
- Villa Dei Misteri
- House Of The Faun
- The Forum Baths
- Temple Of Apollo
- House Of The Vettii
- House Of The Ancient Hunt
- House Of The Tragic Poet
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near The Amphitheatre
- Budget Hotels Near Garden Of The Fugitives
- Cheap Hotels Near Sanctuary Of The Madonna Of The Rosary
- Cheap Hotels Near Villa Dei Misteri
- Budget Hotels Near House Of The Faun
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near The Forum Baths
- Hotels Near Temple Of Apollo
- Budget Hotels Near House Of The Vettii
- 5 Star Hotels Near House Of The Ancient Hunt
- Luxury Hotels Near House Of The Tragic Poet
- City Tripplans
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 3 Days
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 6 Days
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Saint-brieuc from Saint-brieuc
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 1 Day
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 4 Days
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Saint-brieuc from Saint-brieuc
- Saint-brieuc Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Saint-brieuc from Saint-brieuc