Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park187 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 13236 Streetcar Dr, Maryland Heights, MO 63043, United States, Saint Louis
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot, Resort, Bird Watching
What is the remedy to a broken heart? If there is one, it has eluded man-kind for centuries but the next best thing, a softener of suffering, would be to surround oneself with immense peace and beauty. Though it’s named after the curse, the Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park is the closest thing to a cure that the city of Saint Louis has.
Once, Creve Coeur was connected to the rest of the city by the Creve Coeur Lake streetcar line. For a long time, the neighbourhood was known to be a regular hang out for peddlers and hoodlums but as the World Fair began to approach, the area was cleaned up and turned into a family friendly environment. Located in the Saint Louis County in Maryland heights, this slice of serenity is a little further away from the city’s attractions. The lake is the largest natural lake in the whole of Missouri and there’s even a concrete bridge that connects St. Louis County to St. Charles County. The park was originally a resort before the park officially opened.
- If you feel like putting on your tennis shoes and hitting the courts, you’ll love this park. In fact, if you enjoy athletics of any kind, this is the park for you. The park has facilities for picnicking, tennis courts, multi-purpose athletic fields, and an archery course.
- Creve Coeur Park includes Crystal Springs Quarry Golf Course, an 18-hole course opened in 2001.
- There’s a neat asphalt walking trail that curves around the lake, making this a wonderful place to go for a stroll early in the morning or late evening. It’s also a great place to run and jog. If you like to paddle, canoe or kayak, the lake is big enough to do that as well.
- The trail also connects to a separate lane leading to the Missouri River to connect to the Katy Trail.
- A large portion of the park and surrounding area is also wetlands, and the park has been used for conservation purposes. Bird watchers study various waterfowl that inhabit the lake.
Whether it’s an energy boost or peace you desire, you can just sit by the lake and take in the surrounding beauty at this park and feel yourself lighten up.
Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park Travel Tips
- There are numerous trails throughout the park. Cemented trails around the lake as well as unpaved ones in the woods that are great for running.
- This is a very busy path on the weekends, especially on the east side that borders Marine Road.
- Check out the treetop adventure / zip line attraction ‘Go Ape’ in the upper park.
- The Lakehouse restaurant by Mallard Lake is a great place to wind down afterwards.
- Call up the park to find out their rental rates.
- Biking and kayaking rentals are available for rent and you can bring a picnic.
- Barbecue grills are available.
- There is also a beach volleyball area.
- Parking is available.
How to Reach Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park
- Get off at the Delmar Loop MetroLink stop and take a bus.
- Ryce Oriental Buffet (Chinese)
- Hotshots Sports Bar and Grill (American)
- Guajillo Mexican Grill (Mexican)
- China 1 (Chinese)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.34% of people who visit Saint Louis include Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
33.33% of people start their Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park
Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park Reviews & Ratings
A good place to get a break from work at lunch. There is a biking and walking trail around the lake and mountain bike trails. It gets busy in the afternoon and some of the walkers don't understand the rules of the trail. Otherwise it's a nice place with good amenities.
Large shelter with a fireplace plenty of picnic tables and trash cans. Close to a clean modern-day bathroom. You will have to bring you own grill.
A beautiful park where you can run, bike, and stroll. Of course, you can barbecue as well, there are multiple playgrounds as well, where you can play with your kids. The park has many cute animals as well, especially deer. It also has a baseball playground.
Beautiful scenery, clean, great environment and the trail is long but relaxing. I love it surrounds the lake
Very peaceful and beautiful park. Definitely my #1 go to park. Great for fishing as well.