Want a different vantage point to look at the Arch? Look no further than the Gateway Arch Riverboats, who’re ready to paddle you down the Mississippi and take a gander at the Gateway Arch.. from below it!
The Gateway Arch Riverboats have been in business since the 1960’s and have been helping people commute from one end of the St. Louis waterfront to the other since then. Armed with two boats, named Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher, the people at Riverboats have been accommodating spectators who wished to see the construction of the Arch, and today they take visitors to the finished structure to tell them the tale.
There are a variety of cruises you can choose from according to the kind of experience you desire.
- Daily One Hour Sightseeing Tours: Hop aboard the Tom Sawyer or Becky Thatcher for an insightful narrated journey, which transports you back to a time when steamboats ruled the Mississippi River.
- Skyline Dinner Cruises: Experience the romantic St. Louis skyline at night, with all its lights and colours. A delicious buffet and live music add to this sensual experience.
- Sunday Brunch Cruises: A live Dixieland band will play tunes as you feast on a tasty brunch buffet while travelling down the Mississippi.
- Kimmswick Cruises: Cruise to the charming river town of Kimmswick, Missouri, and enjoy historic homes, shops and lunch at the famous Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery.
- Lock-N-Dam Cruises: Travel uphill and downhill thanks to the massive Mississippi ‘lock system’.
- There are numerous musically themed cruises, such as Blues Cruises and the Oktoberfest Cruises, and cruises that are themed around holidays such as New Years Eve and Halloween. There’s a special cruise for almost every occasion.
Delicious food, invigorating music and the sights of St. Louis accompanied by Captain’s narration of the city’s development will ensure you get to discover the Arch and St. Louis while sailing down the Mississippi in style.
Gateway Arch Riverboats Travel Tips
- Sometimes the roar of the engine will drown out the narration given by the Captain, so make sure you choose a convenient seat in order to listen.
- Consider purchasing a combination cruise/Gateway Arch ticket for the best deal.
- Service animals welcome but pets are not allowed.
- The boats are wheelchair accessible.
- Prior booking strongly recommended.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gateway Arch Riverboats
- Daily One Hour Cruises- $14, Under 16- $8
- Skyline Dinner Cruises- $42, Under 16- $20
- You can save $2 on your sightseeing cruise when you purchase the Captain’s Combo.
- Prices vary for special cruises.
- Entry is free for children under three years.
Gateway Arch Riverboats Hours
- The Daily One Hour Sight Seeing Cruises only run March through November.
- The Skyline Dinner Cruises only run April through October.
How to Reach Gateway Arch Riverboats
- Get off at the Arch - Laclede’s Landing MetroLink station.
- You can take a bus to ‘4th Street at Pine Street’
- Carmine’s Steakhouse (Steaks, Seafood)
- Tony’s (Italian)
- Old Spaghetti Factory (Italian)
- Anthony’s (Burgers, Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.2% of people who visit Saint Louis include Gateway Arch Riverboats in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
34.67% of people start their Gateway Arch Riverboats visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gateway Arch Riverboats
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gateway Arch Riverboats
Gateway Arch Riverboats Reviews & Ratings
The cruise was great the food was nasty boiled chicken wings with hot sauce i have seizures and some plain wings would have been great... meatballs with gravy by time i got through the line they were gone and pork mini hotdogs which i dont ear Pork so i had a okay time.
It is really fun
Este unul dintre cele mai importante și frumoase orașe americane.