As leaves softly rustle in the wind, you tighten your fists, take a deep breath and make a jump over the tops of trees! Wood, rope and strong wires help you stay in the air as you swing from branch to branch, sliding and swooping like the King of the Jungle. Even if you’re more George of the Jungle than Tarzan, the Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course is a great place to go bananas.
Located in the vibrantly green centre of Creve Coeur Park, this is Missouri’s first and only treetop adventure course. The park itself is an oasis of natural beauty, ironically named ‘Heart Break Park’ when it’s actually the perfect place to get fresh air back into your system. With an enormous lake, a picturesque waterfall, paved cycling trails and picnic pavilions, the park induces a peaceful frame of mind, supported by all kinds of wholesome fun. It’s above the tall, viridian trees of the park that you will zip line away to glory!
- The entire course consists of over 2,624 feet worth of zip lines and obstacles, providing a treetop adventure that is one of a kind in the state. The course is made up of rope ladders and crossings, all entangled with trees and branches to be able to support as much weight as possible.
- There are two ‘Tarzan’ swings and 5 zip lines in total. Zip Line #3 and #5 are both 400 feet long and Zip Line #4 is the first skateboard zip in the region.
- There are five individual sections in each course, and as you complete each level you’ll be taken higher and higher above the canopy of green.
- Each person is equipped with harnesses and pulleys, given a 30 minute safety briefing and let loose into the forest.
Just let loose, go at your own pace and have as much fun as possible on this adrenaline pumping, tree jumping escapade through and above the park’s forest cover.
Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course Travel Tips
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Wear secure shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- This excursion might prove to be a little more challenging for those with less upper body strength, but it’s doable all the same.
- If you don’t want to zip line yourself, you can easily view the entire course from underneath.
- Booking in advance is highly recommended.
- Go Ape is a highly physical activity. Prepare yourself by eating well beforehand and make sure you’re hydrated.
- You can book online (goape.com) or by phone at 1-800-971-8271.
- Minimum Age: 10 years old
- Minimum Height: 4 feet 7 inches
- Maximum Weight: 285 pounds (subject to harness fit)
- You need to arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to your session time.
- You may take cameras, phones, or any other device on the course as long as they are secured to you and tucked away to prevent them from getting caught or falling to the ground.
Entrance Ticket Details For Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
- 18 and above- $55, Under 18- $35
Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course Hours
- Open March to May- Weekends, and selected weekdays.
- Open June to August- Everyday.
- Open September to late November- Weekends and selected weekdays.
- There will always be instructors around the course to ensure your safety.
How to Reach Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
- There are buses that go to the nearby city of Creve Coeur in the St. Louis County.
- Gulf Shore Restaurant and Grill (Seafood, Cajun/Creole)
- Paul Mannos Cafe (Italian)
- Bristol Seafood Grill (Seafood, American)
- Stir Crazy Fresh Asian Grill (Asian, Chinese)
- Mongolian BBQ and Buffet (Buffet, Chinese, Sushi)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.48% of people who visit Saint Louis include Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40% of people start their Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course Reviews & Ratings
Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable of safety requirements. Very satisfied and had tons of fun! Will definitely bring our daughter once she's old enough to join us. Thank you Go Ape for a terrific experience!
What a genius idea, great fun and challenging! I took my husband and kids for father's day. We had a blast and they had fun challenging and supporting ME! You see, I haven't done this before. It was better than I thought I could do! There are 5 courses and zip lines. You go up as high as 70 feet, maybe more. The training you get to do this is thorough and the staff is around if you need them! I was tired by the end, but what an excellent way to spend quality time with family and have fun at the same time!
First time to GO APE -Creve Coeur today. Went with my family of five, youngest being 13 years old. Had a great time!!! All the workers are very professional, but fun too. Course is challenging, scary at times, but definitely worth doing. The kids had a blast, and I got out of my comfort zone! Will definitely be back.
This is my third visit to Go Ape. It has always been extremely fun. The check in process is easy, but be sure to complete the waivers prior to arrival, especially with minors in your group. The guides are helpful and courteous. The only item of contention is that the first station is the training station, which is not exactly tree top. However, I will go back and would like to visit other locations, if possible.
This place was a blast. I felt safe the whole time and was a great adrenaline rush! Thanks so much to our guide Joel. He was great today and hopefully we will be back soon!