Grant's Farm436 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 10501 Gravois Rd, St Louis, MO 63123, United States, Saint Louis
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3148431700
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ranch, Family And Kids, Farm
With a moo here and an oink there, and haystacks and fun rides everywhere, Grant’s farm is sure to be a highlight of your visit to Saint Louis. There’s no better way to really feel the spirit of Missouri than spending a warm, sunny afternoon out on the farm, drinking an ice cold beer while the kids feed and pet the healthy, happy farm animals.
The farm’s namesake is Ulysses S. Grant, the 18th president of the United States. In the 1850’s the president founded and farmed a portion of the 281 acres land. The entire property served as the ancestral home of the Busch family and is home to more than 900 animals of 100 different species. The farm was opened to the public in 1954 and has since become a Saint Louis tradition for more than 5 decades.
- The folks at Grant’s Farm take pleasure in educating and entertaining visitors by sharing their knowledge of all kinds of animals, especially elephants, kangaroos, tortoises, colorful birds and various other animals. You can actually feed a few animals as well, such a cute little pygmy goats, and ride camels.
- The farmstead, also known as the Bauernhauf, surrounds a beautiful courtyard and looks like a typical Bavarian farm. Stables, carriage house and living quarters lend this farm a story-book feel.
- You’ll marvel at the beautiful, sinewy bodies of the young baby horses, as they joyfully gallop around. The older, aged horses will trot and run, slower perhaps, but with a grace the young weanlings won’t be able to match. Grant’s Farm happens to be the official ‘prep’ school for the Budweiser Clydesdale horses and you’ll get to interact and watch these lovely creatures.
- You’ll get to visit the four roomed, two story cabin in the premise, partially built by Grant himself and named ‘Hardscrabble. In the surrounding lake is a pedal swan boating area, perfect for a relaxing laze on the lake.
- The highlight for the older visitors will be the complementary samples of delicious local beer, the perfect refreshment on a warm day.
Grant's Farm Travel Tips
- Admission to Grant's Farm, tram rides and all shows are complimentary.
- There are snow cones, funnel cakes and popcorn available at stands and more substantial offerings in the area with the outdoor seating.
- There are normally 2 lives shows several times throughout the day which are free.
- Before you leave, make sure you visit the Clydesdale horses and stables across the parking lot.
Entrance Ticket Details For Grant's Farm
- Parking fee is $12.
- You can feed goats from a bottle for a small fee of $1.00 for the milk.
- You can ride a camel for $5.00 and an additional $5.00 if you want a photo taken.
- You can ride a carousel for a small $2.00 fee.
Grant's Farm Hours
- Call in advance to make sure the farm is open, sometimes it is closed to the public for private events.
How to Reach Grant's Farm
- You will find bus stops and a MetroLink station nearby.
- Tucker’s Place (American, Salad)
- Helen Fitzgeralds (American, Irish)
- Home Town Buffet (American)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.43% of people who visit Saint Louis include Grant's Farm in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
68.18% of people start their Grant's Farm visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Grant's Farm
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Grant's Farm
Grant's Farm Reviews & Ratings
are you open 11/08 22 do I need ticketsAnswer Report Abuse
When does Grants farm close for the seasonAnswer Report Abuse
Are you open on October 12?Answer Report Abuse
Being disabled, I still would love to visit Grants Farm once again. Is there any kind of electric vehicles available for people like us who are unable to walk any distance?Answer Report Abuse
Are all parts of Grant's Farm open on September 11 and 12?Answer Report Abuse
Does it cost to enter grants farm?Answer Report Abuse
are there season parking passes for saleAnswer Report Abuse
I want to make a reservation today .May 8th 2022Answer Report Abuse
I just purchased Clydesdale Close-Up tickets and parking for May 15 at 10:45. I printed the tickets,but how do I have proof that I purchased parking also. On the order detail it just says "yes". is that enough?Answer Report Abuse
Your site is telling me your currently open now until 4:00pm, but your recording says your are still closed. So are you open and do I have to make reservations for my family or just come like we used to do?Answer Report Abuse