Kemp Auto Museum130 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 16955 Chesterfield Airport Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63005, United States, 63005, Saint Louis
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6365371718
- Fax: +1-6098826605
- Ticket Price: 9 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Automobile Museums , Social, Arts, Museums
Sleek, shiny, steel curves moulded over a powerful engine: to many, a Mercedes-Benz is all about beauty and class. With a history that goes back to the first ever automobile, it’s no wonder that this brand of car has fans and worshippers all over the world. The Kemp Auto Museum is one such place, with a collection of Mercedes-Benz cars that is outmatched only by the brands factory museum in Germany. Car aficionado, history lover or just a plain old sight seer, this museum is quite a sight to see and quite the place to be.
With a relatively new collection, the museum aims to display historically significant and artistically inspired cars from the earliest to the most contemporary. It all started when Fred M. Kemp Sr. purchased his first Mercedez-Benz. From that day onwards, Kemp spent years acquiring the 40+ cars that are preserved behind the museums doors. Today, the Kemp Auto Museum displays automobiles from all over the world, with the intention of educating people about the ‘father of cars’, and for the public to enjoy. With shiny black floors and bright spotlights, the museum really puts the focus on their four wheeled star attractions.
- You can show the kids the replica of the world's first motorcar, the 1886 Benz, that looks more like a large carriage than a modern car.
- There is the rare and stunning Gull- Wing Mercedes.
- The showpiece of the museum is a very rare 1930 Mercedes SSK.
- They also rent out the galley for special events, which is perfect for a special wedding, or if you want your meeting event to be different.
This is a great little museum to learn about cars and the history of the automobile. Though the exhibits are not interactive, the famous displays speak for themselves and keep people coming back for more.
Kemp Auto Museum Travel Tips
- Closed on most major holidays.
- Don’t forget to bring a camera.
- Try not to touch the displays.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kemp Auto Museum
- Seniors (62 and over)- $7
- Children (Children under 5 must hold hands with adult)-$5
- Audio Tour- Additional $3
How to Reach Kemp Auto Museum
- Take a bus to Chesterfield.
- Bandanas BBQ (Barbecue)
- Qdoba Mexican Grill (Mexican)
- Olive Garden (Contemporary, Vegetarian)
- Red Lobster (Seafood)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.07% of people who visit Saint Louis include Kemp Auto Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
75% of people start their Kemp Auto Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kemp Auto Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kemp Auto Museum