Saint Louis Science Center641 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 5050 Oakland Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA, 63110, Saint Louis, United States
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3142894400
- Fax: +1-3142894420
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Science Museums, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
Saint Louis Science Center is a learning and activity centre with over 750 unique exhibits to entertain, inspire, and enlighten you about the natural wonders and science. The highlight of this science centre is the James S. McDonnell Planetarium where the star projector in the 24 meter dome will let you view the celestial objects in the night sky. With your kids, you can catch an enthralling movie on natural resources on the 79 feet wide tilted dome screen at Omnimax Theatre. At Ecology and Environment exhibit, you will find dinosaur fossils, let your kids dig one by themselves, and learn about the natural calamities and landscapes. Explore the journey of food at GROW; learn about water, rocket science, animals, and let the kids use their creativity in the star room, shadow theatre, and wind tunnel. Saint Louis Science Center also has a life science lab, makerspace, science demonstrations, dig site, flight simulators, and Mission Mars exhibit.
Saint Louis Science Center Travel Tips
- There are different special exhibits that run throughout the year which have a separate fee.
- All three floors of the main building showcase the Energizer Ball Machine, which is three stories high.
- Friday nights with the Planetarium have "Our Sky Tonight" and telescopes for viewing in outside fields.
- They are open late on select days.
- You can avoid the parking fee nearest the centre by parking on the Planetarium side in.
- Be wary of long lines and lots of kids, especially during weekends.
Entrance Ticket Details For Saint Louis Science Center
- Only the IMax, Kid's club and special events have a charge.
How to Reach Saint Louis Science Center
- Buses 57X, 59 to stop -Oakland @ St. Louis Science Center WB
- Buses 57X, 59 to stop -Oakland @ St. Louis Science Center EB
- Sweetie Pie's (Southern, Soul)
- Amighetti's (Italian, Salad)
- Zia's Restaurant (Italian)
- Brasserie by Niche (French)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.73% of people who visit Saint Louis include Saint Louis Science Center in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
65.85% of people start their Saint Louis Science Center visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Saint Louis Science Center
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint Louis Science Center