South Grand And Tower Grove ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Grand Blvd to Kingshighway Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63110 (Shaw), United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 314-7712679
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Nature
South Grand is one of the liveliest neighbourhoods in Saint Louis, with a vast array of restaurants, bars and shops packed into an avenue. Whether you’re looking for aviators or beer goggles, this affluent little corridor is just the place. After you indulge your hedonistic whims, you can make your way to the calm and colourful Tower Grove Park to think over how much money you spent, how much beer you drank and how pretty the flowers are at that time of the year.
South Grand is known to be the most diverse corridor in all of St. Louis, with residents whose ethnicities represent 12 other countries. This area also has the highest concentration of population in the whole city, with a neighbourhood that is increasingly becoming more educated and affluent. Due to this, the area is filled with high quality restaurants and boutiques, with their own quirky points of interest. You’ll find that here, authentic Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese restaurants join wine and vodka bars, ethnic groceries, boutiques, vintage clothing stores and Asian import centers. How do you feel about sitting across a table and having a chat? Only this time, it’s while you’re ‘answering natures call’? The restroom in the dive grunge bar CBGB will help you do exactly that, and it won the title ‘Best Public Restroom of 2008’!
Whether you desire some quiet time before or after, visiting the beautiful Tower Grove Park just ahead of the avenue should be refreshing.
- With over 8,000 species of green shrubbery and trees, the park is the most stunning during the summer.
- Softball, tennis and all kinds of sports are played upon the grass, while there’s a jogger’s track winding around it too.
- You can walk (or run) through and take a gander at the Victorian pavilions and sculptures that decorate the park.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll catch a concert or a gig under the emerald leaves. Once a month on a Friday, 10-15 food trucks assemble here, the best mobile eateries St. Louis has to offer. Beer is served along with live music. Everyone brings a chair and relaxes.
- The park also has many picnic shelters, ensuring a neat area for those who want to dine on the grass, under the clouds.
- Just south of the park lies the Tower Grove South neighbourhood, a ‘groovy’ little area with buildings made of fascinating brick details, finely detailed cornices, turrets, stained glass, and even an all steel ‘Lustron’ home!
South Grand And Tower Grove Park Travel Tips
- Annual neighborhood events include an April house tour, the Festival of Nations in June and a holiday walk in November.
- The park landscape includes a lily pond and formal plantings; the Piper Palm House, a bandstand, the site of music and other special events; as well as tennis courts; a wading pool for small children; open expanses of green; softball diamonds and soccer fields; paths for walkers, joggers, and cyclists, and tall specimen trees and a great variety of bushes.
- Tower Grove Park is quite large but doesn’t have that many restrooms.
- Tower Grove Park is just a small walking distance away from the restaurants in the South Grand area.
- The best way to explore the park is on foot.
- From May through October, a farmers' market is held here.
How to Reach South Grand And Tower Grove Park
- Take the MetroLink to the Gateway Arch and take bus #30.
- Pho Grand (Vietnamese, Vegetarian)
- The Vine Mediterranean Cafe (Middle Eastern, Vegetarian, Mediterranean)
- The Shaved Duck (Barbecue, Gastropub, Southern/Soul)
- Iron Barley Eating Establishment (American, Barbecue, German)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.44% of people who visit Saint Louis include South Grand And Tower Grove Park in their plan
33.33% of people start their South Grand And Tower Grove Park visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see South Grand And Tower Grove Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting South Grand And Tower Grove Park