The University City Loop263 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 6504 Delmar Blvd, St Louis, MO 63130, United States, Saint Louis
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-3147278000
- Tags: Restaurant, Entertainment, Market, Neighborhoods , Streets
A long time ago, cars used this area as a roundabout, to head back to University City. Today, it’s been rated one of the ‘10 Great Streets of America’. Welcome to the University City Loop, a strip of restaurants and entertainment areas which stretches from University City to a neighbourhood in East St. Louis. Eat, beat the heat and explore this street with its bowling center, theatre and nightclubs.
The area gets its name from a streetcar turnaround that was once located in the area. Most of the Loop’s outlets are on the Delmar Boulevard. It underwent a personality change when Blueberry Hill, a live music venue, opened its doors. The pavement is occupied by a host of other boutiques, specialty salons, concert halls, a tattoo parlour, candy stores, jewellery shops, and a magic store. There’s also the St. Louis Walk of Fame, fitted with bright brass stars, and a unique café culture.
- There’s plenty to discover in the Loop. There are salons that specialize like in precision haircuts, threading eyebrows and some that do everything. You can get a tattoo, comic books, anime merchandise, magic equipment and find special piercing jewellery, lingerie, alternative smoking accessories and herbal cigarettes, a Green Mobile store and eclectic giftshops, along with different kinds of clothing stores. There are also a number of services provided here, such as music instrument repairs, caregivers for older adults and more.
- After all that walking, you’re sure to get hungry. The restaurants here are many and various, with a range of cuisines that include Lebanese, Mexican, Asian fusion, classic American and more. From some gooey, warm fondue at the Melting Pot to macaroni and cheese at Cheese-ology, authentic Chinese at the Noodle Café and the Korean-Mexican barbecue fusion at the Seoul Taco, to ‘creative cosmic cuisine’ at the Eclipse Restaurant & Terrace Bar you’re sure find something that’ll delight your taste buds.
- There are many famous establishments here too. You can visit the Pageant and its Halo Bar and watch a concert live. You can go see the Walk of Fame, and see Chuck Berry, Tina Turner, Miles Davis amongst the other famous names carved into brass stars on the ground.
The Loop is probably one of the best entertainment districts in the country and with such a wonderful variety of food and products to choose from, every door promises to lead into a new city-flavoured adventure.
The University City Loop Travel Tips
- The Delmar Loop Trolley has plans in place for a 2.2-mile heritage fixed-track trolley line to come to the Delmar Loop which will link up to MetroLink and Forest Park attractions.
- The portion of Delmar Boulevard within the city of St. Louis has been designated Barack Obama Boulevard, making it one of the world's first streets to be renamed for the U.S. President.
The University City Loop Hours
- Different outlets will have different timings.
How to Reach The University City Loop
- Get off at the Delmar Loop MetroLink station.
- Pi (American)
- Ranoush (Middle Eastern)
- Travolo V (Italian, Vegetarian)
- Seoul Taco (Korean, Mexican)
- Gyro House (Greek, Mediterranean)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.27% of people who visit Saint Louis include The University City Loop in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
26.09% of people start their The University City Loop visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The University City Loop
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The University City Loop