Kazan Cathedral517 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kazan Square, 2, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 190000, Saint Petersburg
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +7-8123144663
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Kazan Cathedral or Kazanskiy Kafedralniy Sobor is a cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church located in Saint Petersburg. This amazing cathedral is a shining example of the Empire style of architecture. Construction of the cathedral started in 1801 and the structure was completed nearly ten years later.
Dedicated to Our Lady of Kazan, this church is one of the most beautiful in the world. Tourists can bask in the glory and majesty of this imposing structure. There are a number of different statues and paintings that adorn the walls in the interior of the cathedral.
One particular point of interest regarding this cathedral is a wrought iron grille that is used to separate the church from a square located on its posterior. This grille is often cited as one of the best examples of its kind in history.
Kazan Cathedral Hours
- Monday to Tuesday- 8:30 pm until the end of the evening service (starts at 6:00 pm).
- Saturdays and Sundays 6:30 pm until the end of vespers.
How to Reach Kazan Cathedral
- Gostiny Dvor station
- Pastries breakfast and lunch Levin
- Russian Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Petersburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Petersburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.14% of people who visit Saint Petersburg include Kazan Cathedral in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
55% of people start their Kazan Cathedral visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kazan Cathedral
58.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kazan Cathedral