Saint Alexander Nevsky LavraCurrently Closed
- Address: Naberezhnaya reki Monastyrki, 1, St Petersburg, Russia, 191167, Saint Petersburg
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +7-8122741702
- Ticket Price: 140 RUB
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Educational Site, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
The monument roughly translates to Saint Alexander Nevsky Monastery. This monastery was constructed in order to serve as the final resting place of the remains of Alexander Nevsky. The purpose of the monastery was to commemorate the victory of Prince Alexander Nevsky over the Swedes.
It was mistakenly considered at the time that the site of the monastery was on the actual site of the battle whereas in reality, the battle actually took place about twelve miles away. One of the main attractions inside the monastery is the unbelievably ornate sarcophagus of Alexander Nevsky.
- One can spend a lot of time simply strolling around the grounds.
- Grounds 6:00 am - 11:00 pm (8:00 am- 9:00 pm during Winters)
- Churches 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Cemeteries 9:30 am - 9:00 pm (11:00 am - 4:00 pm Winters)
- Pantheon 11:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday & Wednesday, Friday-Sunday.
- Ploshchad Alexandra Nevskovo station
- International Botanika
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saint Petersburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Petersburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.73% of people who visit Saint Petersburg include Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.9% of people start their Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra
91.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra
Beautiful place and rather authentic. Some of the staff are very friendly, others still use Soviet manners.
A simple stop at the end of Nevsky prospekt. The church has finally been restored and is open. You must stop at their bakery, else your visit will have been wasted.
Quite peaceful place
So good but a little busy
Nice to stroll around the complex. There wasn't that much to see, so a brief stop will do. Not a must-do for those with a tight itinerary.