Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra185 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Naberezhnaya reki Monastyrki, 1, St Petersburg, Russia, 191167, Saint Petersburg Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +7-8122741702
- Ticket Price: 140 RUB
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Educational Site, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
The monument roughly translates to Saint Alexander Nevsky Monastery. This monastery was constructed in order to serve as the final resting place of the remains of Alexander Nevsky. The purpose of the monastery was to commemorate the victory of Prince Alexander Nevsky over the Swedes.
It was mistakenly considered at the time that the site of the monastery was on the actual site of the battle whereas in reality, the battle actually took place about twelve miles away. One of the main attractions inside the monastery is the unbelievably ornate sarcophagus of Alexander Nevsky.
Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra Travel Tips
- One can spend a lot of time simply strolling around the grounds.
Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra Hours
- Grounds 6:00 am - 11:00 pm (8:00 am- 9:00 pm during Winters)
- Churches 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Cemeteries 9:30 am - 9:00 pm (11:00 am - 4:00 pm Winters)
- Pantheon 11:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday & Wednesday, Friday-Sunday.
How to Reach Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra
- Ploshchad Alexandra Nevskovo station
- International Botanika
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Petersburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Petersburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra Address: Naberezhnaya reki Monastyrki, 1, St Petersburg, Russia, 191167, Saint Petersburg
- Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra Contact Number: +7-8122741702
- Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra Price: 140 RUB
- Time required to visit Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
5.77% of people who visit Saint Petersburg include Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.9% of people start their Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra
91.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra
People normally club together Chesma Cathedral And Monastery and Tikhvin Cemetery while planning their visit to Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra.