Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhikCurrently Open
- Address: Sadovaya st., 50A | metro Sadovaya, St. Petersburg, Russia, Saint Petersburg Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +7-8125714031
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Statue
The chirpy bird made famous in a Russian nursery rhyme is immortalized in bronze near the Summer Garden, on a parapet overlooking the embankment. This 11 centimetre statue of a siskin bird is perhaps the smallest statue in Russia but this has made no difference in its popularity. “Chizhik Pyzhik, where've you been? On Fontanka, drinking vodka." This popular folk song owes its origins to a few clandestine Imperial Legal Academy students and the pretty bird statue that has been stolen and re-assembled many times. Local tradition suggests that anyone who can toss a coin so that it lands on the statue without falling into the water is in line for some good luck.
How to Reach Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik
- Nearest Metro- Chernyshevskaya
- Restoran Blesk
- Eyfelev most
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Saint Petersburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Petersburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik Address: Sadovaya st., 50A | metro Sadovaya, St. Petersburg, Russia, Saint Petersburg
- Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik Contact Number: +7-8125714031
- Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.28% of people who visit Saint Petersburg include Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik in their plan
50% of people start their Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik visit around 8 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik
People normally club together Saint Petersburg Mosque and The Bronze Horseman while planning their visit to Statue Of Chizhik-pyzhik.