Tikhvin CemeteryCurrently Closed
- Address: Alexander Nevsky Lavra | metro Pl Alexandra Nevskogo, St. Petersburg, Russia, Saint Petersburg
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Cemetery, Family And Kids, Monastery
The Tikhvin Cemetery is a part of the Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra. This quiet and pleasant cemetery is a great place for people to visit the graves of some of the most iconic and influential names in Russian history.
The cemetery was established in 1823 and has attracted a lot of national and foreign tourists on a regular basis. Hence, people should certainly not miss this location when visiting the adjoining monastery.
- Some famous graves include Mily Balakirev, Alexander Borodin, César Cui, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Mikhail Glinka, Ivan Krylov, Modest Mussorgsky, Vera Komissarzhevskaya, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Fyodor Stravinsky, Anton Rubinstein and Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky.
- Ploshchad Alexandra Nevskovo station
- Russian cuisine Cafe Singer
- Russian cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saint Petersburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Petersburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.33% of people who visit Saint Petersburg include Tikhvin Cemetery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50% of people start their Tikhvin Cemetery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tikhvin Cemetery
56.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tikhvin Cemetery
Be careful. If you wanna visit just here (not 18th one), it just coasts 200rubles. check the price in Kicca before you pay
Pantheon of Russian Art. Dostoevsky and Tchaikovsky were buried here, and many other great people.
A beautiful little place home to Tchaikovsky and Dostoevsky amongst many other influential Russian artists.
Little, peaceful and historical cemetery of Saint Petersburg, just at the entrance of Alexander Nevski monastery. Easy to reach with bus, at Alexander Nevskogo square, or by metro, the station of the same name. Paying one ticket can enter to both sides of the cemetary. Tikhvin have the most famous Russian figures: Dostoevskiy, Tchaikovskiy, Mussorgskiy, Rimsky Korsakov and others. Lazarus also have important names: Leonard Euler, Lomonosov, Agustín de Betancourt, but also have more graves, giving it a very special atmosphere. Once per year, at museum's night, host a an special event at midnight.
Amazing to visit the famous graves, but it costs money to enter.