Yusupov Palace On Moika, Saint Petersburg
About Yusupov Palace On Moika, Saint Petersburg
Yusupov Palace On Moika, Saint Petersburg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 94, Naberezhnaya Reki Moiki, St.Petersburg, Russia
Ticket Price: 500 RUB
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 11.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Historical Site, Palace, Specialty Museum, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Known as the location of the attempted murder of the notorious mystic Rasputin, Yusupov Palace is one of the many estates that the influential family of Yusupov. Built by French architect Jean Baptiste Vallin de la Mothe, the mansion is built luxuriously and holds about 40,000 works of arts. The favourite residence of Felix Yusupov, the most notable feature of the palace is the palatial theatre where often performances and events are held. The ceilings too, are ornately decorated with sculptures and carvings. There is also a display in the palace museum that uses photography, documents, and wax figures to recreate the Rasputin assassination and the following investigation.
Yusupov Palace On Moika Information
- Many sections of the palace are wheelchair accessible, except the private rooms and exhibits "Last Owners of the Palace" and "Murder of Rasputin".
- It is advisable to take an English-speaking guide who can explain the information that is mostly in Russian.
- Photography fee is extra.
Yusupov Palace On Moika Ticket Prices
- State room- 500 Rub and Murder of Rasputin Exhibit- 300 Rub.
How To reach Yusupov Palace On Moika by Public Transport
- Nearest Metro- Naberezhnaya kanala Griboyedova, DK Svyazi.
Restaurants Near Yusupov Palace On Moika
- Idiot Cafe
- Le Paris
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saint Petersburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saint Petersburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Yusupov Palace On Moika, Saint Petersburg Reviews - Write a Review
It's a beautiful place but some of the areas were closed for restoration and no adjustment to the price! The first room was very dark and no way to see all off the artifacts that were displayed there. Still worth going there just maybe wait till they are done with restoration and make sure that you don't come too late: they close at 5pm. Also a little strange thing that ticket sales are NOT inside the building but outside in the small booth on the left side if you face the entrance.
This is a 5 stars palace in terms of beauty and magnificent architecture, but unfortunately the main tour doesn't mention the basement and the murder of Rasputin. Also it has currently 5 rooms closed due to restoration. Although the ticket is expensive, I do recommend the visit, the rest of the rooms are magnificent. But don't buy in the souvenir store, the same items are half price in many souvenirs stores in the city.
Interesting space, but should be complemented with a visit to their art collection at the Ermitage (most of the artwork within the palace has been taken to the Ermitage or other museums). The mini theatre is amazing. It's recommended to get a guided, if you do it by yourself you will be not able to visit most of the rooms.
The museum where you will feel the atmosphere of tzar's Russia. Very well organised for tourists. In every room there is guard lady though, which for some people could be intimidating.
EXCELLENT FOR AUTHENTIC VIEWS OF LIFE IN THE EARLY PART OF THE 20TH CENTURY AND BEFORE. WELL ORGANISED WITH TIGHT SECURITY
- Nearby Attractions
- State Museum Of Political History
- Tsarskoye Selo State Museum Preserve
- Nabokov House
- The Idiot
- Saint Alexander Nevsky Lavra
- Romeo's Bar And Kitchen
- Saint Petersburg Mosque
- Cruiser Aurora
- Museum Of Musical Instruments
- Nicholas Naval Cathedral Of The Epiphany
- Saint Petersburg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Saint Petersburg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Saint Petersburg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Saint Petersburg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Saint Petersburg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Saint Petersburg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Saint Petersburg