Casa Lis, Salamanca
About Casa Lis, Salamanca
Casa Lis, Salamanca - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Calle Gibraltar, 14, 37008 Salamanca (Castile-Leon)
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 3.1K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This museum was constructed to pay tribute to the decorative arts. Located in Casa Lis, Museum of Art Nouveau and Art Deco is considered as the city’s first building with modern structure. It houses collection of 19 decorative art pieces belonging to late 19th and early 20th century. Beside the artworks, the museum also has 2,500 pieces of craftworks like glass, enamels, porcelain figures, gold and ivory statues, paintings, ivory pieces, bronze items, furniture, jewel and so on. The collection of paintings it holds are done by some of the famous Catalonian artists and painters from Salamanca of 19th century, like Mateo Hernandez and Celso Lagar. Casa Lis, the building house collection of the Foundation Manuel Ramos Andrade. Previously it was a private mansion and later on, it was transformed into a museum.
Casa Lis Information
- Admission for children are for free.
- Admission on Thursday (11am – 2pm) is for free.
- Residents of Salamanca has free admission.
- Disabled individuals have free admission.
- Guided tours are offered.
- Museum shop is there where you can purchase certified goods and souvenirs (of all kind).
- Guide dogs are permitted within the museum.
- Lift and specially designed toilets are there for disabled visitors.
- Architectural barriers are purposely not provided so that disabled visitors can move around the museum comfortably.
- Ramps are available.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum.
- Photos and video recording are not permitted within the building. Visitors must leave their cameras and video recorders in the reception.
- The museum provides a coffee shop that has a rest area, a vending machine with hot and cold drinks, situated on the ground floor.
Casa Lis Ticket Prices
- Entry fee– For students: 2€
- For retired individuals: 2€
- For unemployed: 1€
- Groups (min. 10 people): 2€
How To reach Casa Lis by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Stop– Food Stop Sl
Restaurants Near Casa Lis
- Lis Restaurante
- El Laurel
- Lys Cafe Libreria
- Las Caballerizas
- Cafeteria Ya-Ya
- El Monje
- Victor Gutierrez
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Casa Lis, Salamanca Reviews - Write a Review
I echo the review by others about the rudeness of staff and extremely poor value for money in this so called museum. They do not even allow photos to be taken of the actual building, which was laughable. This building was nowhere a world class building and there are little photographic point of interest. One would think they can enhance their reputation by generating discussions and visit interests by allowing photos to be shared by visitors online. The collection of works are also quite poor, you can probably find similar items like dolls in your grandmother's house, and the artwork are not of world class standard. I think it's better to spend money and time on other major attractions in Salamanca.
beautiful little museum with a tasteful and whimsical collection of art deco. I especially loved the dolls and the dancing figurines.
Free admission. No photos. Remember to check out d old photos from turn of d century... Including possible slaves.
excellent small museum. Lovely collection, displayed well
A stunning collection of art Nouveau and Deco in a beautifully restored building.
- Nearby Attractions
- Iglesia De Santo Tomas Canturiense
- La Clerecia
- Parroquia De San Pedro Apostol
- Catedral Vieja
- Iglesia De San Marcos
- Parroquia De La Purisima Concepcion
- Parroquia De Santa Teresa
- Real Colegio De Escoceses, Salamanca
- Iglesia De Santa Maria Magdalena
- Parroquia De San Martin
- Salamanca Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Salamanca
- What to See in 48 Hours in Salamanca
- What to See in 72 Hours in Salamanca
- How to Spend 5 Days in Salamanca
- How to Spend 6 Days in Salamanca
- How to Spend 7 Days in Salamanca