Casa LisCurrently Closed
- Address: Calle Gibraltar, 14, 37008 Salamanca (Castile-Leon), Spain
- Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-923121425
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Casa Lis - Review
This museum was constructed to pay tribute to the decorative arts. Located in Casa Lis, Museum of Art Nouveau and Art Deco is considered as the city’s first building with modern structure. It houses collection of 19 decorative art pieces belonging to late 19th and early 20th century. Beside the artworks, the museum also has 2,500 pieces of craftworks like glass, enamels, porcelain figures, gold and ivory statues, paintings, ivory pieces, bronze items, furniture, jewel and so on. The collection of paintings it holds are done by some of the famous Catalonian artists and painters from Salamanca of 19th century, like Mateo Hernandez and Celso Lagar. Casa Lis, the building house collection of the Foundation Manuel Ramos Andrade. Previously it was a private mansion and later on, it was transformed into a museum.
Casa Lis Information
- Admission for children are for free.
- Admission on Thursday (11am – 2pm) is for free.
- Residents of Salamanca has free admission.
- Disabled individuals have free admission.
- Guided tours are offered.
- Museum shop is there where you can purchase certified goods and souvenirs (of all kind).
- Guide dogs are permitted within the museum.
- Lift and specially designed toilets are there for disabled visitors.
- Architectural barriers are purposely not provided so that disabled visitors can move around the museum comfortably.
- Ramps are available.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum.
- Photos and video recording are not permitted within the building. Visitors must leave their cameras and video recorders in the reception.
- The museum provides a coffee shop that has a rest area, a vending machine with hot and cold drinks, situated on the ground floor.
Casa Lis Ticket Prices
- Entry fee– For students: 2€
- For retired individuals: 2€
- For unemployed: 1€
- Groups (min. 10 people): 2€
How To reach Casa Lis by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Stop– Food Stop Sl
Restaurants Near Casa Lis
- Lis Restaurante
- El Laurel
- Lys Cafe Libreria
- Las Caballerizas
- Cafeteria Ya-Ya
- El Monje
- Victor Gutierrez
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Casa Lis
72.65% of people who visit Salamanca include Casa Lis in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.69% of people start their Casa Lis visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Casa Lis
64.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Casa Lis
Casa Lis Trips
Casa Lis, Salamanca Reviews
Came on Thursday which is the free day. Come early as it can get busy with all the college kids. Very nice place to visit. Ask for the brochure in English because I had to guess at what the plaques said since I couldn't use my phone to translate. Strict policy about photos. If you have time, the cafe is worth a visit and there a lovely garden just around the corner.
The building itself is stunning! The interior with the stained glass roof is breahtakingly beautiful. The museum has a broad spectrum of bronze sculptures, especially the chiparus collection is a must see for someone who is interested, dolls, vases, paintings etc. In my opinion the only thing missing was more furniture and clothes from the era but other than that everything was stunning.
A must see in Salamnaca build in early 20th century, beautiful collection of paintings, toys, dolls, jewellery, pots and more, there's even a skitch by Picasso, the building its self is marvellous with beautiful painted windows that has the painter's signature. And thr cafe us just lovely, nice collection of cafe's and variant dishes. You can't take photos in the galleries but it's allowed at the cafe.
Very nice museum! I loved the variety of works and the architecture of the place!
Art Deco family home museam 5stars