This museum was constructed to pay tribute to the decorative arts. Located in Casa Lis, Museum of Art Nouveau and Art Deco is considered as the city’s first building with modern structure. It houses collection of 19 decorative art pieces belonging to late 19th and early 20th century. Beside the artworks, the museum also has 2,500 pieces of craftworks like glass, enamels, porcelain figures, gold and ivory statues, paintings, ivory pieces, bronze items, furniture, jewel and so on. The collection of paintings it holds are done by some of the famous Catalonian artists and painters from Salamanca of 19th century, like Mateo Hernandez and Celso Lagar. Casa Lis, the building house collection of the Foundation Manuel Ramos Andrade. Previously it was a private mansion and later on, it was transformed into a museum.
Casa Lis Travel Tips
- Admission for children are for free.
- Admission on Thursday (11am – 2pm) is for free.
- Residents of Salamanca has free admission.
- Disabled individuals have free admission.
- Guided tours are offered.
- Museum shop is there where you can purchase certified goods and souvenirs (of all kind).
- Guide dogs are permitted within the museum.
- Lift and specially designed toilets are there for disabled visitors.
- Architectural barriers are purposely not provided so that disabled visitors can move around the museum comfortably.
- Ramps are available.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum.
- Photos and video recording are not permitted within the building. Visitors must leave their cameras and video recorders in the reception.
- The museum provides a coffee shop that has a rest area, a vending machine with hot and cold drinks, situated on the ground floor.
Entrance Ticket Details For Casa Lis
- Entry fee– For students: 2€
- For retired individuals: 2€
- For unemployed: 1€
- Groups (min. 10 people): 2€
How to Reach Casa Lis
- Nearby Bus Stop– Food Stop Sl
- Lis Restaurante
- El Laurel
- Lys Cafe Libreria
- Las Caballerizas
- Cafeteria Ya-Ya
- El Monje
- Victor Gutierrez
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.18% of people who visit Salamanca include Casa Lis in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.69% of people start their Casa Lis visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Casa Lis
64.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Casa Lis