Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva, Salamanca
About Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva, Salamanca
Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva, Salamanca - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: C/ Cardenal Play Deniel s/n., 37008 SALAMANCA (SPAIN)
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 4.9K times in trip plans
Church, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Cathedral Vieja is considered as the prominent monuments of Romanesque predecessor reflecting Byzantine influence. The cathedral is decorated with an 15th century exotic alterpiece, making it one of the finest example of wonderful architecture in Spain. The apse house of the cathedral has 53 panels, out of which 12 panels depict scenes from the lives of Mary and Christ. This artwork was done by an Italian artist Dello Delli.
Cathedral Nueva is attached to Cathedral Vieja. The construction of this church began in 1513 and in 1733 it was opened. It is said to be the last manifestation of the Gothic. Taking a closer look into the interior portion of the cathedral will show Gothic architectural style. Within the cathedral, there are slender columns supporting the Gothic vault.
Apart from this, the striking feature of the cathedral is the Baroque choir, the Baroque dome organs belonging to 16th and 17th century.
Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva Information
- You need to have good feet to climb up the steps to the church.
- Visit the rooftop of the cathedral to get nice view of the city.
- Maintain the tranquility of the place.
- Speak softly as cathedral is not a place for loud conversation.
- Free admission for natives and residents of Salamanca.
- Free admission for disabled and ceremonial attentions (+65%).
Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva Ticket Prices
- Individuals over 65 years– 4 €
- Groups, students and families (parents)– 4€
- Over 7–16 years and school groups– 3€
- Large families (children) and unemployed– 1.50€
Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva Opening and Closing Hours
- From April to September: Cloisters and Museum - 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- From October to March: Cloisters and Museum - 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
How To reach Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva by Public Transport
- Nearby train station- Salamanca-La Alamedilla
Restaurants Near Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva
- Lis Restaurante
- Lys Cafe Libreria
- Cafeteria Ya-Ya
- Cafe-bar Rua
- El Ave
- Las Caballerizas
- Croissanteria Paris SL
- Cafe Atelier
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva, Salamanca Reviews - Write a Review
My advice is to go in! really one of the most beautiful cathedrals i have ever been to. they offer also guided audio.
This is a breathtaking church well-worth the visit. My experience is that they let priests in free. If you can program a couple hours for the audio tour it is worth it. It is beautiful and it has a lot of history. Perhaps what is most worth visiting in Salamanca.
A beautiful masterpiece of medieval art. The old and new cathedrals are joint together so one ticket allows to visit both. The play of light coming in through the stained windows provides great ambience to admire magnificent chapels and sacral art.
Well worth the money. Great view and amazing architecture.
New and Old Cathedral in one amazing temple. Difficult to distinguish one from the other, but it is not an issue, since the whole picture is an enormous, wonderful, gothic masterpiece. Worth searching the Astronaut and the Satirus holding an icecream, on the sculptures of one of the doors
- Nearby Attractions
- Local Tentazzione
- Piscina Municipal Garrido
- Cofradia De La Santa Vera Cruz
- Campo De Tiro Y Deportes De Salamanca
- Cine Van Dyck
- Fabrica De Mirat
- Pabellon Polideportivo Municipal Reina Sofia
- Incoming Salamanca
- Arte Urbano En Salamanca 4
- Salamanca Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Salamanca
- What to See in 48 Hours in Salamanca
- What to See in 72 Hours in Salamanca
- How to Spend 5 Days in Salamanca
- How to Spend 6 Days in Salamanca
- How to Spend 7 Days in Salamanca