Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva668 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: C/ Cardenal Play Deniel s/n., 37008 SALAMANCA (SPAIN)
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-923217476
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Family And Kids
Cathedral Vieja is considered as the prominent monuments of Romanesque predecessor reflecting Byzantine influence. The cathedral is decorated with an 15th century exotic alterpiece, making it one of the finest example of wonderful architecture in Spain. The apse house of the cathedral has 53 panels, out of which 12 panels depict scenes from the lives of Mary and Christ. This artwork was done by an Italian artist Dello Delli.
Cathedral Nueva is attached to Cathedral Vieja. The construction of this church began in 1513 and in 1733 it was opened. It is said to be the last manifestation of the Gothic. Taking a closer look into the interior portion of the cathedral will show Gothic architectural style. Within the cathedral, there are slender columns supporting the Gothic vault.
Apart from this, the striking feature of the cathedral is the Baroque choir, the Baroque dome organs belonging to 16th and 17th century.
Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva Travel Tips
- You need to have good feet to climb up the steps to the church.
- Visit the rooftop of the cathedral to get nice view of the city.
- Maintain the tranquility of the place.
- Speak softly as cathedral is not a place for loud conversation.
- Free admission for natives and residents of Salamanca.
- Free admission for disabled and ceremonial attentions (+65%).
Entrance Ticket Details For Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva
- Individuals over 65 years– 4 €
- Groups, students and families (parents)– 4€
- Over 7–16 years and school groups– 3€
- Large families (children) and unemployed– 1.50€
Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva Hours
- From April to September: Cloisters and Museum - 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- From October to March: Cloisters and Museum - 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
How to Reach Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva
- Nearby train station- Salamanca-La Alamedilla
- Lis Restaurante
- Lys Cafe Libreria
- Cafeteria Ya-Ya
- Cafe-bar Rua
- El Ave
- Las Caballerizas
- Croissanteria Paris SL
- Cafe Atelier
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.07% of people who visit Salamanca include Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.8% of people start their Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva
93.83% of people prefer walking in order to reach Cathedral Vieja And Catedral Neuva