Convento De San EstebenCurrently Open
- Address: Plaza del Concilio de Trento, s/n, 37001 Salamanca, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-923215000
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery , Cathedral
It is a Dominican monastery, located in the Plaza del Concillo de Trento, in Salamanca. It has two churches named the church of San Esteban and the chapel of Sotomayor. Both these churches are open for worship. It has a brilliant altar-like facade, with the statue of San Esteban (St. Stephen) as its central motif. Inside the church, a museum that is dedicated to the Dominicans, an elaborate church constructed in the form of a ‘Latin cross’, Gothic-Renaissance cloister and a 17th century old alter by Jose Churriguera.
Convento De San Esteben Travel Tips
- Children below the age of 10 years get free admission.
- Students need to bring their valid ID card for the concession on the entrance fee.
- Guided tour headed by a monk of the monastery is possible only with prior request via contact form.
- No tours are available on Sundays and holidays.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated 10 minutes before each Mass.
- If later you want to confess or talk to a monk, you can apply in goal convent or through the contact form.
Entrance Ticket Details For Convento De San Esteben
- Entrance fee for groups (with more than 20 people)– 2€
- Entry fee for students and pensioners- 2€
- Entry fee for groups (with minimum 10 people)– 3€/ person
Convento De San Esteben Hours
Hours Masses and Prayers:
Guided tour from May to October – 5:00 pm (Friday), 12:00 pm & 5:00 pm (Saturday)
Schedule of Masses
- Business days: 8:30 am - Mass in the chapel of Sotomayor.
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 pm - Mass in the chapel of Sotomayor
- Saturday and eve of Day of Obligation
- 8:30 am - Morning Prayer and Mass in the chapel of Sotomayor. 8:00 pm - Mass at the Church of San Esteban.
- Sundays and holy days (Church of San Esteban)
- Mass is celebrated at 9:00 am, 11:00 am (not in July and August), 12:00 pm; 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm.
Hours of community worship (chapel Sotomayor)
- Business days: 8:00 am- Morning prayer: Lauds and Reading ( July and August 8:30 am) 8:30 am - conventual Mass. 9:00 pm - Vespers and Antiphons Mary and Santo Domingo.
- Saturdays and days off
- 8:30 am - Morning Prayer and Mass 9:00 pm - Vespers and Antiphons Mary and Santo Domingo.
- Sundays and holy days
- 8:30 am - Morning Prayer, Morning Prayer and Reading. 9:00 pm - Vespers and Antiphons Mary and Santo Domingo.
How to Reach Convento De San Esteben
- Nearby Stop– Estacion de autobuses de Salamanca. From there, Convento de San Esteben is 7 minutes driving distance away from the bus station.
- Victor Gutierrez
- El Laurel
- La Hoja
- Cafe Dominicos
- San Pablo 21
- Las Caballerizas
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.43% of people who visit Salamanca include Convento De San Esteben in their plan
66.67% of people start their Convento De San Esteben visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Convento De San Esteben
58.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Convento De San Esteben