Salamanca Plaza MayorCurrently Open
- Address: Plaza del Corrillo, 20, 37002 Salamanca, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +34-923262020
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Salamanca Plaza Mayor - Review
If you are visiting Salamanca, Plaza Mayor should be included in your itinerary list. It is one of the beautiful squares in Spain. Constructed between 1729 and 1755, the architectural style of plaza follows traditional Spanish baroque style. Right from the decorations of cut tables and equilateral arches to four levels, you see the influence of Spain from every nook and corners. Many locals refer Plaza Square as the “living room”, as it is the public square where you can get the flavor of Spanish nightlife. The plaza is surrounded by numerous restaurants, terrace cafes, tourist shops and other stores where you can spend at least 2-3 hours of a day. In the evenings, musical groups named “Tunas” perform in the outside seating areas of the restaurants. So, you can just buy a cup of coffee, sit in any of the roadside cafes and enjoy watching people passes by.
Salamanca Plaza Mayor Information
- The town hall is located within the Plaza Mayor from where you can gather information about the tourism, culture and various other essential aspects.
- The plaza is crowded till the wee hours of the morning
- If are planning for dining, reach the place before the scheduled time as the square is bustling throughout the day.
How To reach Salamanca Plaza Mayor by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Station– Estacion de Autobuses de Salamanca
Restaurants Near Salamanca Plaza Mayor
- Nearby Eateries:
- Following restaurants are located within the plaza
- Don Mauro
- Meson Cervantes
- El Pecado Restaurante
- El Meson
- Restaurante El Hidalgo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Salamanca Plaza Mayor
95% of people who visit Salamanca include Salamanca Plaza Mayor in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50.96% of people start their Salamanca Plaza Mayor visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Salamanca Plaza Mayor
82.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Salamanca Plaza Mayor