Are you looking for what to do in Salamanca?
PLACES TO SEE
- Plaza Mayor: Popularly known as the “living room” for locals, it is the main city square of Spain and also considered as one of the popular attractions of Salamanca in Spain. Surrounded by terrace cafes, iron balconies and the stunning façade makes this place as an ideal location to enjoy a hot cup of coffee and watch people passing by.
- Catedral Vieja & Catedral Nueva: Among other attractions of Salamanca, Catedral Vieja & Catedral Nueva are one of them. Catedral Vieja is the old Cathedral of Salamanca. This cathedral was supposed to be the main temple of Europe. Catedral Nueva is the new cathedral of Salamanca, whose construction was started in 1400 but it ended in 1700. The interior décor of the church has the mixture of roman and gothic architectural style in it.
- Casa de la Conchas (house of shell): It’s a 15th century building with 350 sandstone shells studded on the surface of its façade. At present, it holds a library and an art gallery.
- Convento de San Esteban: After visiting the cathedrals, while going down the hill, you will find Convento de San Esteban. It’s a tree lined plaza dedicated to the Dominicans. It is another attractive place to visit in Salamanca.
- Old Roman Bridge: If you wish to enjoy the picturesque view of the city and the cathedral, old Roman Bridge is the place you should come to. It is one of the magnificent tourist attractions Salamanca has. Make sure, you cross over the bridge during dusk to get the perfect view of the golden city.
- Museo de Art Nouveau y Art Deco: Unlike the other museums of Salamanca, this museum has large stained glass frontage and holds collection of decorative arts, scary doll with facial hair.
- The University of Salamanca, Spain: when you plan about what to see in Salamanca, make sure you add this university. It is the oldest university of Spain and the 4th oldest university of Europe. Its impressive doorway is the first thing that will catch your attention.
Beside these tourists sights, for shopping you should visit the area around Plaza Mayor Square of Salamanca. You will find lots of market and food outlets located in this Salamanca shopping streets. Walk around the street to buy the products of your choice.
Below we have a list of things to do in Salamanca and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Salamanca getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Salamanca with confidence.