Universidad De Salamanca483 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Patio de las Escuelas, 1, 37008 Salamanca,Spain
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-923294400
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , University
It is the Spanish higher education institution. It is said to be the oldest founded university in Spain and the 4th oldest European University. It was founded in 1134, given royal character of foundation by King IX in 1218 and later was granted the title ‘University’ by the kind in 1254. Later in 1255, it was recognized by Pope Alexander IV. The moment you enter the university campus, the first thing your eye will capture is the entrance façade. It is a tapestry, made by sandstone, filled with images of mythical heroes, religious scenes and coats of arms. The most popular figure in the façade is the frog on a skull. It is popularly known as La Rana de Salamanca. Beside these sculptures, the university has a library where you can find 2800 manuscript preserved. The patio area, as popularly known as Patio de las Escuelas is something to look out for.
Universidad De Salamanca Travel Tips
- Concession Ticket Price: 2€
- The entrance fee need to paid only at the main entrance of the University campus.
- Visitors are can see the classrooms where famous Spanish figures had once attended.
- It is best to visit the facade in the afternoon.
How to Reach Universidad De Salamanca
- Nearby Train Station: Salamanca-La Alamedilla
- Casa Paca
- Restaurante Isidro
- Restaurant Le Sablon
- Restaurante la Aldaba
- El Alquimista
- Restaurante Arzobispo Fonseca
- Restaurante El Hidalgo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salamanca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salamanca and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.62% of people who visit Salamanca include Universidad De Salamanca in their plan
67.11% of people start their Universidad De Salamanca visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Universidad De Salamanca
82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Universidad De Salamanca