Castello Di Arechi334 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Localita' Croce, Salerno SA, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0892964015
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Castle, Family And Kids, Exhibition
This medieval castle was built in the seventh century on command of the Lombard Prince Arechi II who moved the capital of the Dukedom from Benevento to Salerno. The castle still holds its Roman and Byzantine charm and perhaps the most bewitching feature of the castle is the views it affords. There is an in-house permanent exhibition of ceramics, coins and other artefacts from that period. A lot of tourists prefer to walk up to the castle which is a 45 minutes uphill trek.
Castello Di Arechi Travel Tips
- If you are here during the summer, ask the tourist office for a schedule of the annual series of concerts staged here.
- Do call and check about opening hours as times may vary throughout the year.
How to Reach Castello Di Arechi
- Nearest bus stop: Strada Per Croce - Palina 8
- Ristorante Osteria Canali
- Ristorante Sant'Andrea
- Botteghelle 65
- Ristorante Cicirinella
- Chef for passion
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salerno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salerno and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.89% of people who visit Salerno include Castello Di Arechi in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
43.52% of people start their Castello Di Arechi visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castello Di Arechi
92.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castello Di Arechi
Castello Di Arechi Reviews & Ratings
Is it possible to drive your car from Old Town Salerno to Castello Di Arechi?Answer Report Abuse
I have heard that taxis and buses go there. So, you would probably be able to drive your car too.Report Abuse