Minerva GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Vicolo Ferrante Sanseverino, 1, 84125 Salerno SA, Italy
- Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-89252423
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Fountain
The Minerva Garden was the first botanical garden in Europe for cultivating plants for therapeutical use. Designed in a terraced format, the garden was originally owned by the Silvatico family, under whose ownership, many exotic medicinal plants were cultivated here. Visitors to the garden can see an interesting series of elements dating back to the 17th and 18th century like the ancient fountain . One of the most attractive is the long flight of steps, marked by cruciform pillars, which support a wooden pergola.
- The gardens are easily reached by a public lift that connects Piazza A’Aiello – Fornelle quarters to Via Tasso
- Reduced ticket : 1.50 EUR
- Free admission for children under 6 years
- Nearest bus stop: Paesano 1, Madonna Del Monte 29
- Ristorante Del Centro Storico
- Ristorante Osteria Canali
- Ristorante Sant'Andrea
- Il Pozzo Spagnolo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salerno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salerno and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.09% of people who visit Salerno include Minerva Gardens in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
90.77% of people start their Minerva Gardens visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Minerva Gardens
78.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Minerva Gardens