Capitol Building1697 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 150 W 300 N, Salt Lake City, UT 84103, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8015381800
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Architecture
Set over 40 acres and overlooking the majestic Salt Lake City, the Capitol building is both regal and an architecturally beautiful. Sculpted lawns and manicured bushes flank the building, and the view of the surroundings is simply jaw dropping. Walking on the grounds instils a feeling of awe and patriotism as you pass the Vietnam memorial and the Mormon monument that have been erected in the memory of brave soldiers.
The Capitol building itself was built in 1916 using granite and other indigenous stones found in the nearby canyons. The interiors are tastefully done, with marble columns and a grand 165-feet rotunda. Guided tours are available for visitors or you can even choose to explore this stately building by yourself. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Salt Lake City Itinerary 3 Days.
Capitol Building Travel Tips
- Tours begin on the hour and run from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Monday - Friday, with the exception of state holidays. The last tour begins at 4.00 pm. Tours are also available on Wednesday evenings at 6.00 pm and 7.00 pm.
- Taking the tour will give you entry to areas of the Capitol Building you would not be able to see on a self-guided tour.
Capitol Building Hours
- Weekend timings- 8 am to 6 pm.
How to Reach Capitol Building
- Nearest bus stop: East Capitol St @ 351 N (bus number 500)
- Columbus St @ 367 N (461, 463, 470)
- Em’s restaurant
- City Gourmet Catering
- Central Park Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salt Lake City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salt Lake City and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.37% of people who visit Salt Lake City include Capitol Building in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
29.19% of people start their Capitol Building visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Capitol Building
65.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Capitol Building