Joseph Smith Memorial Building1483 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: 15 E South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, United States, 84150
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8015311000
- Tags: Memorial, Cafe, Restaurant, Entertainment, Theatre, Architecture , Heritage Building, Landmarks, Monuments And Memorials
The Joseph Smith Memorial building, built in 1911, was initially Hotel Utah. Completely restored and re-opened in 1993, the building now houses a theatre, cafe, restaurant, Family Search centre and conference rooms. The building is majestic like its legacy; it is an architectural masterpiece complete with renaissance accents. The lobby is ornately decorated and soothing piano music plays throughout day to welcome visitors. The theatre at the building started by showing shows related to the Mormon legacy and now plays movies about Joseph Smith who was the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement.
Joseph Smith Memorial Building Travel Tips
- The Joseph Smith film is shown Monday through Saturday at 9.00 am, 10.30 am, 1200 pm, 1.30 pm, 3.00 pm, 4.30 pm, 6.00 pm, and 7.30 pm.
- Admission is free.
How to Reach Joseph Smith Memorial Building
- Nearest bus stop: State St @ 41 N (buses 11, 200, 209, 307, 320, 451, 453, 454, 455, 460, 461, 462, 463, 470, 471, 472, 473, 500, 516).
- Martine Cafe
- Lion House Pantry
- Mc Donald’s
- Nauvoo Cafe
- The Roof Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salt Lake City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salt Lake City and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.9% of people who visit Salt Lake City include Joseph Smith Memorial Building in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
37.77% of people start their Joseph Smith Memorial Building visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Joseph Smith Memorial Building
75.14% of people prefer walking in order to reach Joseph Smith Memorial Building