Events and Festivals in Salvador
- Processao do Senhor Bom Jesus dos Navegantes (January 1): The New Year in Salvador is marked by a procession that takes place along the north bay where the statue of Bom Jesus passes on from the Igreja NS da Conceicao in Cidade Baixa to Igreja de NS da Boa Viagem.
- Lavagem do Bonfim (January): Held on the second Thursday of January, this is the second biggest public event after Carnaval. The steps of Salvador’s most celebrated church undergoes a ritual cleansing overseen by the church’s Catholic priests and the Candomblé priestesses. Hoards of women dressed in traditional Bahian attire carry buckets of flowers from Cidade Baixa to the Igreja and then conduct the lavagem.
- Carnaval (the week before Ash Wednesday): Not like this festival needs an introduction, the Carnaval is the most awaited event in all of Brazil. Celebrated before Lent, the streets of Salvador come alive like never before! If you want to be a part of one of the world’s coveted public events, you best visit Salvador in February.
Trip plans for Salvador
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Salvador
Salvador Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Salvador
Save 8%Pelourinho Private Tour by Night1 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Experience the thrill of Salvadors Carnival with Blessing Day every Tuesday. These festivities are a great local experience t...
Private Shore Excursion of Salvador4 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
This full day tour is a combination of history and panoramic views of the city. During our full city tour, we will pass 1.5-h...Book Now
Save 6%Candomble Religion Mysteries Private Tour in SalvadorNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Are you looking for a different tour in Salvador? Then this half-day Candombl Mysteries tour is ideal for you. Stop at variou...
Save 9%Full-Day Historic Private City Tour of Salvador with Lunch5 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Get a glimpse into Salvador's neighborhoods of cobblestone streets, shops and culture on a full-day tour. From sweeping visit...
- Events & Festivals in Piata
- Events & Festivals in São Francisco Do Conde
- Events & Festivals in Castro Alves
- Events & Festivals in Teolândia
- Events & Festivals in Ilheus
- Events & Festivals in Coaraci
- Events & Festivals in Capim Grosso
- Events & Festivals in Poções
- Events & Festivals in Aracaju
- Events & Festivals in Rio De Janeiro
- Events & Festivals in Belo Horizonte
- Events & Festivals in Recife
- Events & Festivals in Joao Pessoa
- Events & Festivals in Belem
- Events & Festivals in Campos Do Jordao