How to Reach Salvador, Brazil
The Easiest Way to Reach Salvador
- By Air: Many international travelers opt for flights that land directly at Salvador’s international airport.
- By Bus: If you’re coming in from another city in Brazil, you could opt for a bus ride although air travel comes recommended. You could also travel between the neighbouring countries by bus, but the fare is exorbitant.
- By Bike: If you’re looking to re-live something like the Motorcycle Diaries, then that requires a lot of different formalities including a bond, a down payment known as a bank guarantee and details of your visit to the country/city.
- To get to your hotel from the airport, there are two types of taxis available from the airport- the executive and the normal taxi; the former is prepaid whereas the latter is decided by the meter.
- The best way to get around the city is either by bus or a taxi, and then explore the area on foot. You can’t see Salvador through a window and certainly not point-to-point. The buses are confusing to first find out what bus stops where and then map out the attractions that fall in the area.
- To get to the lower/higher city, use the Elevador Lacerda or the cable car. The streets that fall between these two areas are not safe.
- There’s also the option of driving around the city in a rental but it’s highly advised against doing so.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Salvador and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Salvador
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Salvador. The most preferred mode of transport in Salvador is Car.
Average distance: 13.83 km Average time: 41.17 min
Car 83.33%Driving 41 min Overall average time for 14.6 kms 41 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.67%Bus 30 min Walking 7 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 10 kms 42 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Salvador
- How to reach Santo Amaro
- How to reach Cachoeira
- How to reach Muritiba
- How to reach São Gonçalo Dos Campos
- How to reach Conceição Do Jacuípe
- How to reach Conceição De Jacuípe
- How to reach Feira De Santana
- How to reach Ilheus
- How to reach Aracaju
- How to Reach Top Cities in Brazil
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Belo Horizonte
- How to reach Recife
- How to reach Joao Pessoa
- How to reach Belem
- How to reach Campos Do Jordao
- How to reach Rua Cocal
- How to reach Rio Largo
- How to reach Tibau
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Tenería
- How to reach Niederwerrn
- How to reach Ellerker