How to Reach Salvador
The Easiest Way to Reach Salvador
- By Air: Many international travelers opt for flights that land directly at Salvador’s international airport.
- By Bus: If you’re coming in from another city in Brazil, you could opt for a bus ride although air travel comes recommended. You could also travel between the neighbouring countries by bus, but the fare is exorbitant.
- By Bike: If you’re looking to re-live something like the Motorcycle Diaries, then that requires a lot of different formalities including a bond, a down payment known as a bank guarantee and details of your visit to the country/city.
- To get to your hotel from the airport, there are two types of taxis available from the airport- the executive and the normal taxi; the former is prepaid whereas the latter is decided by the meter.
- The best way to get around the city is either by bus or a taxi, and then explore the area on foot. You can’t see Salvador through a window and certainly not point-to-point. The buses are confusing to first find out what bus stops where and then map out the attractions that fall in the area.
- To get to the lower/higher city, use the Elevador Lacerda or the cable car. The streets that fall between these two areas are not safe.
- There’s also the option of driving around the city in a rental but it’s highly advised against doing so.
Modes of Transportation in Salvador
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Salvador. The most preferred mode of transport in Salvador is Car.
Average distance: 16.5 km Average time: 46.25 min
Car 100%Driving 46.25 min Overall average time for 16.5 kms 46.25 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Maceio
- How To Reach Florianopolis
- How To Reach Balneario Camboriu
- How To Reach Bonito
- How To Reach Aracaju
- How To Reach Porto Seguro
- How To Reach Manaus
- How To Reach Sao Paulo
- How To Reach Natal
- How To Reach Fortaleza
- Cities Near Salvador
- How To Reach Rio De Janeiro
- How To Reach Belo Horizonte
- How To Reach Recife
- How To Reach Joao Pessoa
- How To Reach Belem
- How To Reach Porto Alegre
- How To Reach Campos Do Jordao
- How To Reach Armacao Dos Buzios
- How To Reach Foz Do Iguacu
- How To Reach Petropolis