How to Reach Salvador, Brazil
The Easiest Way to Reach Salvador
- By Air: Many international travelers opt for flights that land directly at Salvador’s international airport.
- By Bus: If you’re coming in from another city in Brazil, you could opt for a bus ride although air travel comes recommended. You could also travel between the neighbouring countries by bus, but the fare is exorbitant.
- By Bike: If you’re looking to re-live something like the Motorcycle Diaries, then that requires a lot of different formalities including a bond, a down payment known as a bank guarantee and details of your visit to the country/city.
- To get to your hotel from the airport, there are two types of taxis available from the airport- the executive and the normal taxi; the former is prepaid whereas the latter is decided by the meter.
- The best way to get around the city is either by bus or a taxi, and then explore the area on foot. You can’t see Salvador through a window and certainly not point-to-point. The buses are confusing to first find out what bus stops where and then map out the attractions that fall in the area.
- To get to the lower/higher city, use the Elevador Lacerda or the cable car. The streets that fall between these two areas are not safe.
- There’s also the option of driving around the city in a rental but it’s highly advised against doing so.
Are you looking for a Salvador travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Salvador
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Salvador. The most preferred mode of transport in Salvador is Car.
Average distance: 13.83 km Average time: 41.17 min
Car 83.33%Driving 41 min Overall average time for 14.6 kms 41 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.67%Bus 30 min Walking 7 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 10 kms 42 min
- How to reach São Francisco Do Conde
- How to reach Ilha De Boipeba
- How to reach Teolândia
- How to reach Ilheus
- How to reach Poções
- How to reach Aracaju
- How to reach Ubiraitá
- How to reach Riacho Pedras
- How to reach Sítio Do Quinto
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Belo Horizonte
- How to reach Recife
- How to reach Joao Pessoa
- How to reach Belem
- How to reach Campos Do Jordao