Mercado Modelo, Salvador
About Mercado Modelo, Salvador
Mercado Modelo, Salvador - Address
Address: Praca Visconde de Cayru - Comercio, Salvador - BA, 40015-170, Brazil
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2.4K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Flea Market, Market, Street Market, Arts And Crafts
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is the city market and this is where you find all kinds of art crafts and souvenirs. There are a lot of activities that also take place around this area, like you will see some people performing capoeira. Most of the items that are sold here are obviously culture related.
How To reach Mercado Modelo by Public Transport
Restaurants Near Mercado Modelo
- Camafeu (light snacks recommended)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Salvador before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salvador and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mercado Modelo, Salvador Reviews - Write a Review
More or less same stuff you can buy at the local airport, but in a greater variety and more fun to shop here. Mercado Modelo hasn't changed for last 10 years. The neighborhood is pretty dangerous by night.
It's just a bunch of souvenir shops. The food is very expensive. The street food is a better option.
Mostly tourist tat, but join the local revellers at the back for some boisterous beers and fabulous fried algulha fish.
Good market. You can find all kind of souvenirs.
Nothing special. Typical tourist trap.
- Nearby Attractions
- Parque Da Cidade Joventino Silva
- Parque Zoobotanico De Salvador
- Estadio Governador Roberto Santos - Pituacu
- Monumento Da Cruz Caida
- Centro Budista Kadampa Tara
- Deputado Luiz Eduardo Magalhães International Airport
- Arembepe Beach
- Palavra De Deus Tem Poder
- Nosso Senhor Do Bonfim
- Salvador Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Salvador
- What to See in 48 Hours in Salvador
- What to See in 72 Hours in Salvador
- How to Spend 5 Days in Salvador
- How to Spend 6 Days in Salvador
- How to Spend 7 Days in Salvador